Location: Chattanooga, TN
Duration: 3+ Months
- Experience in developing web services on IBM middleware technologies used in Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) such as: o IBM DataPower o IBM Integration Bus (IIB) v10 o IBM WebSphere MQ
- Strong working knowledge of IBM Integration Bus (IIB) in development, testing, and troubleshooting web services
- Demonstrated experience in creating IIB message flows for File to File, File to Database, Database to File, File to IDOC, and IDOC to File
- Strong understanding of SOAP and ReSTful web service protocols and there use with IIB web services
- Experience in message transformation techniques
- Knowledge of information technology concepts, application development methodology, terminology and standards
- Working understanding of the following software development methodologies: Agile and Scrum
- This position provides application design, analysis, programming, testing and documentation for the development, integration, enhancement, and maintenance of information systems solutions.
- Serves as consultant for the management team and business systems analysts on technology recommendations to support short and long-term corporate objectives.
- Devises or modifies application systems and procedures to optimize functional requirements including capacity, operating time, response time, and form of desired results.
- Designs, codes, tests, debugs, and documents programs, subroutines, and scripts.
- May serve one or more project team roles, such as project lead, business systems analyst, or technical lead, for small to medium efforts or manage phases of medium to large efforts.
- Competent to work at the highest phases of applications systems analysis and programming activities
- Enhances the design of current systems to improve system capabilities to meet the changing needs of the business.
- Works with business users or business systems analysts to understand requirements and translate them into technical specifications
- Develops and implements program/system test plans. Devises data verification methods and standard system procedures.
- Maintains technical skill set for software languages, databases, platforms, operating systems, utilities and networks needed to support work assignments.
- Assists in preparing and maintaining application design document.
- Responds to system failures and performance events by taking appropriate measures to reduce system downtime and eliminate recurrence of problems.
- May conduct presentations to provide end users with knowledge to maximize their use of developed systems.
- Provides technical leadership on assigned projects or discovery efforts.
- May coordinate work assignments and verify results of applications systems analysis and programming personnel.
- Regularly provides guidance and training to less-experienced analysts/programmers.
- May conduct research on software and hardware products to justify recommendations and support management in budgeting and purchasing efforts.
- Acts as expert technical resource to development staff in all phases of the development and implementation process.
- Responsible for instructing and validating quality of work of other analysts and programmers