Location: Durham, NC
Duration: 3 Months, Contract to Hire
- Looking for a Security Engineer to join our already skilled team of security professionals.
- We are looking for a candidate with a strong passion for security, who takes satisfaction in knowing that their work has a positive effect on our customers.
- As the Security Engineer on our team you will have the opportunity to contribute directly to the current state of security posture, identifying and responding to security issues and addressing potential risks through the implementation of new security operation tools and technology
- Monitor and respond to security alerts across a vast array of security operations areas and be involved in incident investigations to determine and document root cause and impact of detected computer security incidents.
- Perform network vulnerability and compliance scanning and review, evaluate the risks identified and determine their severity and urgency, work with system owners to determine if and when corrective action will be taken, and perform necessary actions to verify that correction actions were effective.
- Maintain awareness of new and emerging cyber-attack threats with potential to harm company systems and networks.
- Work with internal and external partners to address and resolve concerns around security and privacy.
- Review and analyze security and privacy exceptions and drive satisfaction to ensure security and the business are working hand in hand to drive corporate objective while remaining secure.
- Provide technical input and be involved in the design, deployment and operation of global IT Security management software and hardware devices including, but not limited to: Antivirus defense (AV) / Endpoint Security, Network Access Control (NAC), Security Information and Event Management (SIEM), Network Scanning and Vulnerability Identification, Data Loss Prevention (DLP).
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Security, Computer Science, or Engineering preferred and 3 years of information security engineering experience.
- In lieu of degree, 4 years information security engineering experience.
- Understanding and experience operating security systems including endpoint security, threat and vulnerability management, network intrusion detection, security information and event management, and monitoring systems and log analysis.
- Demonstrated initiative to learn new technologies, a commitment to continuous process improvement, and a strong passion for security.
- Proven ability to work effectively in emergencies while handling multiple operational and project-related priorities.
- Professional and/or technical certification in Information Security is desirable (i.e. Security+, Network+, CCNA, SANS certifications (GSEC, GPPA, GMON, GCIA, GCIH, etc.), CISSP)