Location: Chattanooga, TN
Duration: 6 Months
- Coaches development team of scrum principles, helps the team focus on sprint goals and to achieve their highest performance level, to ensure the scrum project is successfully progressed.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coaching the scrum team to apply appropriate processes to create successful products.
- Ensuring scrum principles and approaches are understood correctly by the development team and stakeholders; maximizing the performance of the team.
- Monitoring and improving the scrum process and project progress; helping solve impediments in the development process.
- Fostering self-organization and collaborative scrum team; sheltering the team from outside distractions to keep focus mainly on the agreed sprint goals.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Equivalent experience is defined as 4 years of professional work experience.
- 3 years of working experience as a Scrum Master
- 5 years of working within IT, product development/delivery, or PMO
- Working experience in one or more of the following Agile methods or frameworks: Scrum, Extreme Programming (XP), Kanban, or similar
- Must be able to ensure that Agile/Scrum concepts and principles are adhered to and applied consistently
- Active in the Agile community by attending events, training, meetups, conferences, or ability to demonstrate ongoing professional development of Agile/Scrum
- Experience needed with software and mobile application development environments
- CSM (Certified Scrum Master) or equivalent professional certification desired
- Excellent communication, facilitation, coaching, mentoring, leadership, and conflict resolution skills
- Must possess the ability to train and coach others on the Scrum framework
- Detail oriented and process focused mindset will be required to fulfill the role