Location: Durham, NC
Duration: 6 Months
Scrum Master/Delivery Manager:
- Assist the team with a transition to Agile methodology, utilizing Jira
- Ensure cross-functional coordination is occurring early and often.
- Lead daily stand-ups and resolve conflict.
- Responsible for sprint planning and leading work within individual sprints
- Manage ongoing projects in the Digital Marketing team – responsible for all front end web components
- Partner with product owners, content managers, designers and front end developers daily.
- Foster collaboration of team members within the Agile environment
- Assists Product Owners with backlog maintenance and grooming.
- Assists Product Owners in planning, change management and risk management.
You will be accountable to:
- Ensure that deliverables from Digital Marketing teams and our partners are produced and approved according to multiple project schedules.
- Proactively identify and manage project risks and dependencies and raise awareness.
- Ensure timely, accurate, and clear communication is provided to our internal customers and members.
- Proactively manage the change request process for project level scope, schedule and requirement changes throughout the project life cycle.
- Identify and engage stakeholder input throughout the project life cycle to ensure business readiness and proactive identification of risks and dependencies.
- Represent projects in management and executive level presentations in various project governance and inter-departmental forums.
- Assemble, mobilize, and motivate teams to set direction, approach, identify skill gaps, and resolve conflict in a highly matrixed environment to lead projects to conclusion.
- Manage allocated resources from multiple delivery partners while working within approved hours and scope.
- Bachelor’s degree and three years project management or equivalent experience to include enterprise-wide and multiple concurrent projects of increasing complexity.
- In lieu of a bachelor’s degree, five years project management experience to include enterprise-wide and multiple concurrent projects of increasing complexity may be considered.
- Stakeholder management with influencing, facilitation and negotiation skills.
- Knowledge of project planning techniques and automated project planning tools.
- Solid understanding of the software development lifecycle including: development tools/technologies, release/version control, testing methodologies and deployment management
- Understanding of project management methodology.
- Experience leading organizational change at the project level.
- Experience with customer-facing websites, web components and terminology, and user experience knowledge.
- Demonstrated proficiency with JIRA, MS Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint.
- Experience with Waterfall and/or Agile methodology.
- Healthcare/insurance experience.
- Prior consulting experience.
- Helpful if demonstrated proficiency with Visio, MS Project, and Planview.
- Project Management Institute (PMI) certification or Certified Scrum Master certification.
The following personality attributes characterize highly successful project managers:
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to communicate clearly, tailor communications to appropriate audiences, and willing to communicate in a timely manner
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in an often changing, ambiguous work environment.
- Strong consultative leadership as a member of the project leadership team
- Proactive cross-functional team leadership and conflict management
- Effective stakeholder management involving responsive communication and presentation skills
- Ability to leverage team strengths and encourage effective collaboration
- Effective in a highly matrixed environment
- Initiates action to accomplish goals and objectives
- Influences team members and stakeholders to promote project and organizational goals and objectives.
- Strong prioritization and time management
- While other teams in Digital Solutions are following Agile methodologies fully, the nature of this team’s work is slightly more flexible.
- Focus on candidates with excellent communication skills, willingness to dig into complexity, relationship building, and leadership more than tight adherance to Agile methodology.
- Required communication is essential, people skills important must be able to communicate effectively