Location: Chicago, IL
- Creates design documents that ensure consistency in development across the IT/Engineering organization. Participates in the definition of IT/Engineering architecture to ensure that the IT/Engineering organization’s solutions are built within a consistent framework and aligned to strategy.
- Participates in the decision-making processes related to the selection of software architecture solutions.
- Serves as a technical and business-savvy resource to software development engineering personnel on a range of software design issues.
- Implements and improves core software infrastructure. Participates in improving software development lifecycle, technical operations and technology innovation.
- Participates in developing technical / business approaches and new or enhanced technical tools.
- Shares complex information related to areas of expertise and/or to gain acceptance of new or enhanced technology / business solutions.
- Effectively resolves problems and roadblocks as they occur.
- May perform systems and applications performance characterization and trade-off studies through analysis and simulation.
- Provides day-to-day administrative direction and oversight of key technology/information systems and general support activities.
- Works with key shareholders to formulate a comprehensive technology plan that is consistent with the overall business objectives and budgetary considerations.
- Applies broad knowledge of product/service capabilities and environment to identify new growth areas, new technology and emerging product/service opportunities. Conducts technological research by studying organization goals, strategies, practices, and user projects. Recommends information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes; identifying problems; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
- Implements policies and defines approach to strategy achievement for specified area of responsibility. Analyzes long-term impact of new or anticipated strategies and decisions.
- The SAP Technical Architect is responsible for the SAP estate technology.
- They own the technical health of the SAP systems, they manage system performance, resilience and capacity, driving action to proactively change setup in order to avoid issues arising. They leverage their deep SAP & HANA expertise on SAP components such as HANA, S4, CAR, BW and work closely with the Basis and Infrastructure experts. They troubleshoot issues and lead/participate in ongoing performance tuning and operational improvements.
- Responsible for the delivery of SAP technical designs, which define, develop and communicate the target architecture for SAP technical solutions. They ensure already defined principles and standards are deployed within their domain. The SAP Technical Architect validates all relevant work estimates.
- Support the development of the SAP Enterprise Technical Architecture, including roadmap development, which will define the technical direction for the SAP estate and setting of design principles and patterns covering platform, integration (internal and external to SAP), security and user access.
- They are a subject matter expert for their technical domain and work at a global and local level with stakeholders where SAP solutions are implemented. They work as part of the SAP CoE team across Service, Projects and Architecture.
- Implements activities that generally impact multiple components / processes and the work of own and possibly other teams
- Assigned complex undertakings that regularly require the application of independent judgment
- Receives work in short– and mid- term outcomes and operates within the context of approved methods
- Non-negotiable requirements on this position are Deep SAP knowledge – following the job description outlines, for modules HANA (SAP’s database) experience of at least 3 years, SAP PO, BODS, S4, CAR, BW/BOBJ and other critical SAP solution in the Retail and Finance space Very good interpersonal skills
- Nice-to-have skills Experience working with onshore/offshore model. Does the candidate have any global experience, meaning they have worked with team members around the world?