Location: Philadelphia, PA
- Plans, forecasts and implements new technologies of high complexity.
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of multiple advanced technologies and expertise in the management, administration, configuration, maintenance, and repair of hardware and operating production systems.
- Capable of interfacing and consulting with users, management, and support and technical staff on projects, planning, issues, policy, reports, troubleshooting, and installations.
- Exhibits excellent technical and time-management skills which demonstrate the ability to manage projects and deliverables by expected due dates.
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of and expertise in existing and cutting edge technologies.
- Exhibits expert knowledge in the use of existing and future technologies.
- Coaches and mentors Level I staff, Level II staff and peers with differing detailed knowledge.
- Serves as expert for management task forces and committees.
- Participates and provides feedback to improve corporate and IS processes including, but not limited to, work flow, project management, time accounts and employee reviews.
- A Systems Engineer is a senior contributor with similar responsibilities as the Systems Engineer II, but with a greater degree of complexity.
- A Systems Engineer III may be involved in some leadership activities. A Systems Engineer III also:
- Works extensively with the IT organization on projects, planning, issues, policy, reports, troubleshooting and installations.
- Utilizes monitoring, performance analysis, systems management, software and hardware equipment to troubleshoot and isolate problems.
- Provides technical support to manage and deliver projects by expected due dates.
- Attends technical meetings with customers to gather information for reporting, project planning, and technical decision-making.
- Communicates production problems to affected clinical users as appropriate, following problem management procedure.
- Also, design and provide the technical lead for multiple Shared Storage environments and infrastructures including Hitachi, PureStorage and Brocade.
- Responsible for advanced engineering for the above technologies and will function as an SME.
- Will also be responsible for CommVault backup technologies both in administration and backend infrastructure support.
- Interact with multiple vendors on support agreements, issue escalation, and proactive design and architecture implementations.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or substitute years of job experience.
- Extensive (4+ years) experience providing HDS Server administration services along with 5-7 years Large enterprise experience, (5000+ users), global environment.