Location: Philadelphia, PA
- Designs, develops, tests, documents, and deploys highly technical and complex Salesforce solutions.
- Collaborates with the Salesforce Delivery Teams and Application Architecture team on integrations and solution deployment.
- Communicates with Agile Team Scrum Masters, Innovation, Technology and Delivery (IT&D) management, and Salesforce project Product Owner regarding status, technical issues, and creative solutions.
- Continues to enhance subject matter expert (SME) level knowledge as a Salesforce software engineer, staying well-informed about best practices and new functionality on the Force.com platform as well as Apttus Configure Price Quote (CPQ) solutions.
- Provides technical support on all assigned projects to ensure delivery of valuable solutions in alignment with business needs, technological platform architecture, and overall SDLC.
- This includes understanding business requirements, adhering to technical architecture standards, recommending technical design, resolving technical issues, making technical decisions, conducting technical and economic feasibility studies and supporting deployment of Salesforce solutions.
- Assists with the formulation of the technical implementation approach and advocates the technical design and development of projects utilizing the Force.com platform for projects that may contain both declarative and programmatic solutions; which would include Apex, Visualforce and Lightning.
- Works within and across the delivery teams to execute the day-to-day development activities by implementing architecture decisions, participation in designs, design review, code review and implementation for the Salesforce and associated integrated solutions.
- Maintains technical knowledge to support rapidly changing technology, always looking out for new technologies and working with the management and development team when evaluating new technologies.
- Assists in constructing complex SOQL and SOSL queries per business requirement specifications for analytical and statistical data outputs.
- Partners with IT&D and the Center of Excellence for new development projects, systems enhancements and maintenance projects. Works with cross functional teams to estimate software solutions to maximize use of Salesforce.
- Design and implementation experience in Integration patterns in conjunction with Force.com, Apex triggers, Process Builder, Workflows, Validation rules, Canvas, Message Queues, bulk APIs
- Knowledge or experience with Java, Integration Bus technologies, data replication tools, predictive dialers and document management
- Knowledge and understanding of Industry standard source control systems Implementation experience with AppExchange applications on Force.com platform Design experience with object models on Force.com
- Knowledge or experience with Apttus or similar CPQ software
- Strong SOQL and SQL experience (Oracle preferred)
- Experience with industry standard messaging and communication protocols
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies
- Able to work independently in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- A team player who understands the importance of teamwork, collaboration, and open communication
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Detail orientation and strong attention to detail Able to multitask and handle competing priorities
- Able to communicate technical information to non-technical audiences, including presentation of data, answering questions and listening to concerns
- Able to document technical information effectively
- Three (3) plus years of software development experience on the Force.com platform.
- Two (2) or more years of Salesforce experience.
- Experience with an agile development methodology.
- Experience working with other technical developers in a complex environment with multiple concurrent projects.
- Experience collaborating with multiple business layers, both internal and external, to deliver products through all aspects of the SDLC
Education, Certification, and Licenses:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or related field; or a minimum of five years I/T experience; or an equivalent combination of experience and education
- Force.com Developer Certification Preferred
- Force.com Salesforce Administrator Certification Preferred