Location: Harrisburg, PA
Duration: 3+ Months
- This position is responsible for establishing the technical implementation approach and guidance to the Salesforce development team.
- Providing technical leadership, oversight and realistic estimates of engineering efforts.
- Ensuring adherence to architectural standards and direct or influence the work of others.
- Develops and maintains productive working relationships with business partners, customers and IT personnel including Project Managers, Scrum Masters, Software Developers, Business Analysts and Quality Assurance
- Support project delivery for Salesforce from a technical stand point
- Partners with Operational Solutions, IT, and the Center of Excellence for new development projects, systems enhancements and maintenance projects
- Works with cross functional teams to estimate software solutions to maximize use of Salesforce
- Partners with infrastructure, architecture, and database services to ensure overall systems scalability, reliability, and performance of Salesforce
- Provides technical leadership on all assigned projects to ensure delivery of valuable solutions in alignment with business needs, technological platform architecture, and overall SDLC.
- This includes understanding business requirements, adhering to technical architecture standards, recommending technical design, monitoring development, and testing efforts, resolving technical issues, making technical decisions, and supporting deployment of Salesforce
- Leads all aspects of multiple projects concurrently consisting of both business as usual and/or strategically forward-thinking initiatives in the absence of a PMO representative (Project Manager or Scrum Master)
- Establishes the technical implementation approach and drives the technical design and development of projects utilizing the Force.com platform for projects that may contain both declarative and programmatic solutions; which would include Apex and Visualforce
- Can extend the Force.com platform using Apex and Visualforce, but knows when to leverage standard application features and functions within the platforms
- Works with the engineering team to lead the day-to-day development activities by leading/implementing architecture decisions, participation in designs, design review, code review and implementation for Salesforce
- Maintain technical knowledge to support rapidly changing technology, always looking out for new technologies and working with the management and development team when evaluating new technologies
- Mentors developers and ensures relevant on-boarding is provided
- Documents technical specifications and requirements
- Participates in interviews and hiring decisions for consultants when necessary
- Provides performance feedback, monitors deliverables, ensures architectural direction is followed and participate in code reviews for consultants when appropriate
- Other duties as assigned
- Nine (9) years of software development experience
- Six (6) or more years of Salesforce CRM experience
- Three (3) or more years of technical leadership; subject matter expertise
- Design and implementation experience in Integration patterns in conjunction with Force.com, Apex triggers, Process Builder, Workflows, Validation rules, Canvas, Message Queues, bulk APIs
- Knowledge or experience with Java, Integration Bus technologies, data replication tools, predictive dialers and document management
- Implementation experience with AppExchange applications on Force.com platform
- Design experience with object models on Force.com
- Strong SOQL and SQL experience (Oracle preferred)
- Experience with industry standard messaging and communication protocols
- Knowledge and understanding of Industry standard source control systems
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies