Location: Durham, NC
Duration: 6 Months
- Experience building/upgrading RightFax server software.
- Experience integrating EtherFax with RightFax software.
- Able to diagnose and repair SQL issues related to RightFax software.
- In depth knowledge of RightFax client application and usage.
- Owns the planning and development of engineering designs in support of the implementation of network, compute, telephony, platform, middleware and database solutions.
- Maintains technology currency and capacity planning in support of established SLAs.
- Defines hardware and software performance standards.
- Proactively provides information and ongoing consultation for IT and business areas as well as vendors directly or indirectly affected by the network or data center infrastructures.
- Leads the detailed infrastructure design of large and complex internal projects collaborating with IT stakeholders, service owners and partners.
- Provides operational readiness through the engineering, planning, coordination, and execution of performance and tuning analysis, systems support, incident and problem resolution, software installation, and upgrades.
- Provides detailed guidance and consultation in solutioning production incidents when required.
- Collaborates with vendors on infrastructure designs to ensure the final product is what was architected or designed.
- Responsible for the engineering of various aspects of both physical and cloud hosted data center infrastructures which might include network, compute, storage, platform, middleware, and telephony.
- Leads the analysis of current and future requirements to effectively design data center infrastructure, networking and telephony systems while determining design feasibility from both technical and economic perspectives.
- Develops and maintains technical standards, procedures, and documentation in partnership with services partners as needed.
- Compiles and analyzes operational data and directs tests to establish standard for new designs or modifications to existing equipment, systems, or processes.
- Partner and consult with varied technical and management staff to identify and plan access data center and cloud infrastructure designs, physical data center requirements and impacts and resolve design problems.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of systems engineering experience is required.
- In lieu of degree, 7 years of systems engineering experience.
- Direct experience in one or more of the following technical specialties: network, compute, storage, telephony, platform, middleware, and/or database.
- Experience automating tasks associated with technical specialties.
- Experience successfully leading data center projects and initiatives.
- Experience in multiple technical specialties preferred.
- Experience in one or more of the following technologies (aligning with relevant technical specialties): Software defined networking; Software defined storage; Compute virtualization; Private/public cloud; Software defined WAN; Network function virtualization; Linux containers; Platform-as-a-service; Experience engineering technologies to be delivered “as a service” and an understanding of concepts of multi-tenancy.
- Strong leadership skills with exceptional technical aptitude in varied areas.
- Must be able to work independently and be self sufficient in defining and realizing infrastructure designs.
- Team and customer service oriented, flexible and adaptable with proven ability to solve problems in a collaborative and timely manner.
- Solid background in data collection, analysis, and reporting.
- Proven debugging skills
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities with strong organization and planning skillset.
- Knowledge of Systems Development Life Cycle Methodologies and process flows.
- Ability to correlate technical actions to business impact
- Flexible and adaptable with focus on effectively managing change.
- Relevant technical certification preferred.