Location: Philadelphia, PA
Duration: 6 Months
- The Revenue Integrity Specialist serves as the key liaison and subject matter expert for assigned service line areas regarding all aspects of charge capture/charge description master processes.
- This position will lead, support, and coordinate on-going charge capture improvement initiatives for assigned service line areas; including charge reconciliation activities, new service implementation, and identification of revenue management opportunities.
- The Revenue Integrity Specialist will coordinate all Revenue Integrity activities on behalf of assigned service line areas; department charge capture education, charge audit activities, charge description master management, and monitoring of charge capture related metrics.
- This position also has a broad understanding of all areas of the revenue cycle; including Patient Financial Services (PFS), Health Information Management (HIM), and Reimbursement Services.
- Registered nurse or other licensed health care practitioner required (PA/NJ licensing preferred).
- Coding certification preferred.
- Clinical expertise in Pediatrics preferred.
- Ability to work effectively with all members of the health care team.
- Working knowledge of chart/bill audits or ability to abstract medical information.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Strong project management skills.
- Will be required to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously.
- Effective leadership skills.
- Must be detail, action, solution, and results oriented.
- Working knowledge of revenue cycle processes.
- Computer skills essential.
- Will need to use Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio at a minimum.
- Bachelor’s degree in clinical program required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum five (5) years of varied clinical experience as a RN, APN, or other clinical specialist required.
- Pediatric experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of coding rules required or willingness to obtain within 3 months of hire.
- Experience with billing and documentation systems preferred
Certifications & Licenses:
- Coding certification preferred
- Registered nurse