Location: Chicago, IL
Duration: 3+ Months, Contract to Hire
- Provide systems support to all Revenue Cycle areas as necessary in the planning, testing, ongoing maintenance and reporting in the billing and accounts receivable and related management systems.
- Maintain and suggest improvements for existing systems and daily/weekly/monthly processes.
- Provide support to the Sr. Systems Analyst(s).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain dictionaries in multiple host systems by updating with current information or new requirements.
- Provide other application support by answering staff questions, escalating issues to IS, and investigating issues that are identified.
- Develop and implement automated process improvement tools using MS Access, MS Visual Basic, Monarch, or other programming tools in order to facilitate improvement initiatives for the Business Office.
- Execute daily, weekly, monthly automated processes to produce input files for scripts and workflow reports for PFS.
- Perform maintenance on automated processes to update for changes in requirements or workflow.
- Produce, download, and transfer daily, weekly and monthly files and reports for Financial Reporting, System Analysis, productivity reporting, etc. using host systems, MS Excel, MS Access and Monarch.
- Act as a system liaison between Patient Financial Services and system staff of external organizations regarding ongoing operations (data transfers, system availability, system updates).
- Analyze and respond to IS/vendor communications by investigating why files weren’t delivered, diagnosing what went wrong, etc.
- Provide the PFS Directors/Managers with guidance and information about the application capabilities and document proposed enhancements for their consideration for implementation.
- Maintain documentation for Systems Analysts or other Revenue Cycle staff in regards to application maintenance.
- Monitor Notes Interface with the Host systems to make sure all external vendor notes are being loaded correctly.
- Verify if it is a vendor or internal IS issue, when an issue occurs, and escalate appropriately.
- Run the system maintenance scripts and debug script issues, and validate by reviewing updated accounts that all updates were made as expected.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Information Systems or Healthcare Management
- Two years of directly related experience in system analytics, maintenance and automation
- High school or GED
- Six years of directly related experience in system analytics, maintenance and automation
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office products, especially Excel and Access
- Meditech patient accounting system
- Epic patient accounting system
- System analysis and design
- Demonstrated strong analytical and computer skills
- SQL Server Management Studio
- Boston Workstation
- Microsoft Visual Basic programming
- Monarch project and model building