Location: New York, NY
- The Revenue Cycle Specialist position is responsible for ensuring the accurate and timely billing to third party payers and governmental/regulatory agencies.
- This is accomplished by keeping abreast of all regulatory/governmental requirements, monitoring the system reports and resolving issues with charges, coding, and system edits prior to the claims transmission.
- Responsible to maintain the technical functions between the mainframe billing system and the claim scrubbing system to ensure hospital billing is in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Liaison between the billing office and information systems to ensure system is operational.
- Develop team strategies to support departmental goals.
- Key involvement in the hiring, monitoring, and auditing of the billing and collection staff to ensure the efficient work flow and maximize cash collections.
- Bachelors degree in Math, Statistics, or other technical field required
- Minimum 3 years experience in billing, insurance, and office procedures in hospital setting
- Previous supervisory experience in a productivity environment required
- Ability to communicate in English, both verbally and written
- Advanced computer skills including Excel, Word, Pivot Table
- Knowledge of AS400 mainframe
- Ability to research and document through the Internet
- Complete understanding of Medicare, Medicaid, HMO’s, PPO’s and private insurance companies
- Professional appearance, positive attitude, and excellent attendance record