Location: New York, NY
Duration: 6 Months
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Acting as Advisor to the Chief Revenue Officer of the organization and working along side Revenue Management and H2O (Epic) support teams, this individual should provide guidance and support to facilities already live on H2O.
- Review existing reports/dashboards to analyze root cause and identify causes of errors causing DNB delays.
- Provide guidance where existing edits can be modified to improve efficiencies.
- Provide operational guidance to align/improve pre-registration workflow adoption.
- Review charge reconciliation process and identify opportunities to enhance charge reconciliation ownership, reporting, processes and accountability structures.
- Review work queue volumes and identify opportunities for training and/or work queue realignment.
- Identify opportunities to optimize workqueue logic, including account scoring, productivity analysis, etc.
- Ensure enterprise standardized workflows are being adopted to reduce facility-driven exceptions.
- Assess accuracy of expected reimbursement contracts and monitor payment variances while ensuring annual pricing negotiations are properly managed.
- Identify and implement workflow improvements to support further exception-based workflows, increased enterprise-wide consistency and staff efficiency, (i.e., smart text notes auto-populating, auto-routing of accounts based on activity selected, escalation pathway creation)
- Review existing dashboards and reporting solutions in place and ensure operations are fully adopting tools in place.
- Identify opportunities for suggested improvements.
- Provide input to the decision making/governance structure to ensure workflow and content decision making encompasses all appropriate stakeholders with the right level of priority.
Qualifications / Required Skill:
- At least three years operations experience in a hospital and professional revenue cycle environment with emphasis on Hospital and Professional Billing
- Operations experience in the appropriate Epic applications including Cadence Patient Scheduling, Prelude Patient Registration, Grand Central Admission Discharge Transfers, Health Information Management, Resolute Hospital Billing, Resolute Professional Billing, and both Hospital Billing and Professional Billing Claims.
- Strong understanding of multi-hospital health systems required