Location: San Francisco, CA
Duration: 6 Months
Job Function Summary:
- Involves the establishment and supervision of processes (e.g., performance improvement, clinical documentation, etc.) to achieve the optimal degree of excellence in the services rendered to every patient.
- Evaluation of practice operates within the parameters of patient outcome, cost-benefit in care provision, and patient access to the health care delivery system.
- Provides for internal strategic planning efforts and implementing continuous quality improvement programs.
- Reporting to the Quality Manager/Director, the Quality Analyst is responsible for activities which supports the Mission, Vision, Goals and Values of the organization and promotes high-quality patient and family care services.
- The Quality Analyst works in collaboration with Quality Improvement (QI) Department staff, other medical center staff and physician leaders to identify/implement strategies to improve the quality of care to patients of the medical center.
- In support of internal and external quality initiatives, the Quality Analyst applies extensive knowledge of quality data analysis and/or improvement concepts, methodologies, and data collection and abstraction techniques to substantial projects of large scope and high degrees of complexity.
- In support of designated clinical departments, the incumbent will partner with physicians in a team-based approach to drive the program and maintain an open dialogue to achieve true north goals.
- The Quality Analyst performs detailed technical work related to performance improvement, chart review, data collection, and data entry in support of The Joint Commission (TJC) and Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) Core Measures, and other quality measurement formats as it applies.
- The Quality Analyst identifies potential problems in the care delivery process as a result of data monitoring and formulates a workgroup to resolve the issue and ensures new processes are in place to improve the delivery of care.
- Adult Quality Improvement is a unit of the Department of Quality that provides clinical quality improvement program support to adult medical and surgical departments.
- Adult QI manages CMS and Joint Commission quality reporting programs, supports several clinical outcomes registries, and coordinates hospital wide and multi-hospital quality initiatives and collaboratives.