Location: Chattanooga, TN
Duration: 6+ Months
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Equivalent experience is defined as 4 years of professional work experience.
- 2+ years experience as a team lead, leadership, and/or management experience
- 3+ years experience with test automation tooling such as Selenium, Appium, etc.
- 7+ years experience combined in Software Engineering and Software Quality including hands-on automation / engineering experience across API, Web, and Mobile
- Experience working in a .Net development environment, including SQL and working with both iOS and Android mobile application testing
- Experience with test automation, automation framework, and framework implementation
- Experience with scripting user experience, server-side, and data integration activities
- Experience building/rebuilding QA teams utilizing formal QA methodologies, standards, best practices, processes and/or procedures toward a QE automation / engineering culture
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Must be a team player, be organized and have the ability to handle multiple projects
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision or function in a team environment sharing responsibility, roles, and accountability
- The Quality Engineering Architect will lead the overall transformation of our software testing and quality practice from Quality Assurance to Quality Engineering while developing a culture of test first automation throughout the entire product development process.
- This role will be responsible for leading the maturation of Quality Engineering Processes and Practices working completely integrated with software development teams within an Agile/Scrum product development environment.
- About 80% of your time will be leading, architecting, designing, and writing test automation, while about 20% of your time will be supporting operational activities (regression testing, continuous improvement, test documentation, and defect resolution management) needed to drive high quality releases.
- All the test scripts are automated in Sprint
- All the existing Test Cases are automated and integrated with CI pipeline
- QE and Devs work hand in hand each sprint to eliminate manual testing activity
- The Quality Engineering Architect will mentor a team of SDET/quality engineers building end-to-end tests for our product portfolio including services, web, mobile web, and native mobile applications.
- Our team works together with developers and product owners in an Agile/Scrum environment.
- You will work closely with software engineering and product leadership to instill a culture of quality and automation across all product development activities and increase the quality, confidence, and reliability of everything we build. Job Duties &
- Leads the overall Transformation from Quality Assurance (QA) to Quality Engineering (QE)
- Assesses the current gaps the enterprise Quality & Testing strategy and updates the strategy for automation needs including filling the gaps on tests/Test code
- Ability to architect and write automation framework code from scratch for web application and/or mobile application testing efforts
- Aligns Quality Engineering Testing, processes, and automation strategy for the QE Team to complement the product development practices and organizational business strategy
- Works with engineers to drive improvements in code quality via automated (preferred) and manual testing
- Review Product Backlogs, Epics, User Stories for completeness and weaknesses in testability, functional, performance, reliability, scalability, usability, security and compliance testing
- Provides recommendation plans and defines testing approach including guidance on prioritization of testing activity in support of identified risks in project schedules or test scenarios
- Mentors the team members in adopting automation tooling, framework changes, engineering practices, and other process changes within the Quality Engineering team
- Integrates Functional and Non-functional testing with the CI Pipeline
- Establishes, designs, refines, monitors, and analyzes QE metrics such as defect, defect counts, test results, and test status and other Key Performance Indicators of the product development lifecycle
- Recognizes opportunities to adopt creative testing technologies and techniques and leads the evaluation and subsequent implementation
- Work closely with team members in offshore locations to coordinate planning and execution