Location: Chattanooga, TN
Duration: 3+ Months
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent years of experience is required.
- Equivalent years of experience are determined as one year of technical experience for every year of college requested.
- Minimum 5 – 7 years experience in a project management role with demonstrated skills in relationship building, negotiation, conflict resolution, and project management of projects have medium to high degree of complexity required.
- Holds a certification in project management (PMP, PMBOK, etc.) or will obtain certification within 2 years in this position.
- Exceptional oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- This individual must be comfortable with professionally challenging key stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Exceptional execution of project communications plans is a must.
- Has a successful track record of completing projects on time and on budget.
- Ability to work independently or in a team, set priorities and meet deadlines on at least one to two projects.
- Can demonstrate expert knowledge of project management methodology and its practical application towards completing work.
- Has demonstrated outstanding negotiation, presentation, and facilitation skills.
- Is creative and assertive and has the ability to mentor and coach others.
- Has expert knowledge in the use of at least one project management scheduling tool.
- This position is responsible for the coordination and completion of large projects and/or programs at the Enterprise level.
- Sets deadlines, assigns responsibilities, and monitors and summarizes progress of project or program.
- Prepares reports for upper management regarding status of projects or programs.
- This role supervises assigned assistant project managers and project coordinators.
- This position is responsible for the successful development and implementation of large, cross-functional projects that support enterprise strategic objectives.
- Defines, monitors, executes, and controls assigned projects through the project development life cycle.
- Manages scope for 2 – 3 assigned projects including the execution of successful change management processes.
- Performs all or part of project coordination services as determined by project staffing and project size.
- Documents and completes all project management deliverables required by the project.
- Conforms to and advocates project management standards processes and procedures in accordance with the project life cycle methodology on assigned projects.
- Facilitates the procurement of needed Hardware, Software and Human resources for the project.
- Manages project cost as determined by project charter and/or development methodology.
- Works with project owners, stakeholders and QA personnel to manage project quality.
- Facilitates project communications at all levels for all project logistics.
- Coordinates, manages and facilitates the staffing of resources for the project including contracted resources.
- Tracks, reports and resolves issues, proactively evaluates project activities, builds contingency plans, executes corrective actions when necessary and implements risk response plans to manage risk.
- Supports the growth, development and goals of the ISPO through various leadership and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Work with assigned program or project manager as needed to complete project deliverables.
- Supervise, motivate and mentor assistant project Managers, and/or project coordinators as assigned.
- Performs Project Management Duties at the Program Level
- Coordinates and monitors the scheduling, pricing, and technical performance of company programs.
- Aids in the negotiation of contracts and contractual changes and coordinating preparations of proposals, plans, specifications, and financial conditions of contracts.
- Ensures adherence to master plans and schedules providing Program governance.
- Communicates Program Scorecard and Status to key stakeholders.
- Develops solutions to program problems, and directs work of all Projects assigned to the program.
- Ensures projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Acts as advisor to project managers regarding projects, tasks, and operations.
- Performs integration management services for program issues, risks and deliverables.
- Preferred qualifications: PMP-certified; hands-on experience leading and implementing large enterprise-wide projects; experience standing up new programs; and knowledge and skills with Medicaid, Long Term Support Services or State and Federal government projects.