Location: Clayton, MO
Duration: 12+ Months
Top Skill Sets: Scrum Master/Coach/Agile Team Experience
- Need a candidate who can help decide how many scrum teams to run and who has experience running Agile team that are not located together.
- As a Scrum Master, you will support a web project team in adopting Agile best practices and values.
- You’ll work closely with the product owners to help ensure that feature requests, time boxes, and expectations from team members are reasonable within the agile framework and overall team priorities.
- You’ll assist these teams — who vary in experience with the Agile process — in building a record of successful executions.
- You’ll also collaborate with other scrum masters to ensure consistency in the implementation of Agile across the larger team and actively contribute to the growing Agile community.
- Facilitates agile ceremonies
- Facilitates team’s progress toward the goal and commitments through improvement in quality, predictability, flow and velocity
- Focus on improving team dynamics & performance & management of conflicts
- Exhibit lean, agile and Kanban/Scrum principles in all actions
- Supports the Product Owner, identifies and mitigates impediments while maintaining a healthy and transparent relationship
- Communicates status to management and outside stakeholders
- Functions as a team-based management proxy and servant leader, supporting and reinforcing the rules of Kanban/Scrum and agile
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, related field or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience managing/executing technology projects using Agile methodologies.
- Requires demonstrated understanding of business process as it relates to experience in the field.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills
- Strong facilitation and conflict management skills
- Excellent organization and attention to detail
Nice to Have:
- Technical experience using web technologies (Java) and/or technical data analysis skills
- Experience transitioning teams from Waterfall to Agile
- Experience leading/executing web projects
- Experience using JIRA and Confluence
- Healthcare experience preferred.