Location: New York, NY
Duration: 12 Months
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Teleretinal Screening Program planned for system-wide implementation has the potential to improve screening rates for diabetic retinopathy, increase access to ophthalmology, and drive increase revenue and performance payments.
- The success of this program will require a full-time project consultant so that all facilities exceed minimum standards, as set by the Teleretinal Workgroup.
- The proposed project consultant position will assess and support sites’ readiness assessment and go-live implementation, including IT capabilities, staff readiness to implement clinical best practices as determined by Teleretinal Workgroup, billing, vendor management, Epic transition, and data collection and management.
Functional Responsibilities Include:
- Prepare sites to implements the workflow, created by the Teleretinal Screening Workgroup, at each participating facility.
- Able to modify the workflow recommendations for each facility, working with each facility’s leadership to craft an acceptable standard
- Assess staff capability, including competency of photographers, preparation to deliver screenings based on recommended patient eligibility, clinic performance, referral management and photographer certification
- Support IT and staff readiness to launch Quality Assurance (QA) procedures for Photographers and Certified Readers;
- Serves as liaison with Software Vendor and IT regarding go-live requirements;
- Develop policies and procedures for go-live implementation
Qualifications / Required Skill:
- Communication Skills: This position requires strong writing and reading comprehension skills as well as excellent business etiquette.
- Computer Skills: Excellent computer skills, including comfort with to Microsoft applications including PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Outlook and willingness to learn new customer relations and information management systems.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-3 years’ experience in healthcare operations or relevant support services.
- The ideal candidate has experience in a customer-facing role.