Location: Durham, NC
Duration: 12 Months
- Develop, implement and manage, moderately complex programs in accordance with guidelines.
- Work with program/project team members to ensure deadlines are met.
- May also support ongoing administration of larger and/or more complex programs.
- Identify, analyze and understand target audiences and their specific program needs.
- Direct and coordinate activities concerned with implementation and carrying out objectives of programs.
- Establish and monitor performance metrics and goals for assigned programs, including process measures, outcomes measures, financial measures and methodologies for implementing programs.
- Document and present program results through operational reports, outcomes studies, presentations and publications.
- Analyze policies and procedures to improve programs efficiency and effectiveness.
- Review reports and records of activities to ensure progress is being accomplished toward specified program objective and modify or change methodology as required to redirect activities and attain objectives.
- Own and make needed decisions to ensure the successful resolution of all issues, problems and changes within the program that do not alter or defer significantly from the agreed upon milestones and major deliverables.
- Evaluate programs to ensure they meet program goals.
- Develop and manage budgets to control expenditures in accordance with budget allocations, together with the conformance to timing, limits and usage of funding as agreed upon in the spending plan for the assigned program(s).
- Ensure that programs meet appropriate regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Manage vendor relationships and negotiate, administer and monitor program contracts to ensure vendors meet service level agreements.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of experience in program or project management in the area of program specialization.
- In lieu of degree, 7 years of experience as stated above.
- Time management skills to keep goals and objectives of program on schedule.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills to work effectively with various stakeholders, team members, sponsors, managing directors, customers, vendors, senior management, and providers.
- Strong organizational and management skills to effectively manage the resources of the program (financial, vendors, processes, projects).
- Solid knowledge and expertise in the area of program(s) managed.