Location: Durham, NC
Duration: 6 Months
System Product Owner:
- The System Product Owner will be responsible for defining product and service features, and prioritizing delivery in line with their business value.
- Guides and supports teams by owning the vision for a release, deciding the priority and details of features to build, accepting features after satisfactory demonstration of development and testing, and accepting the implementation release.
Major Job Functions/Components:
- Define product requirements and lead successful execution of initiatives
- Works cross-functionally with multiple departments to assure all functional areas are vetted for impacts and supplementary requirements
- Ensures requirements are specified in a manner suitable for the intended audience and are understood, unambiguous, and capable of being implemented and tested
- Applies domain knowledge and seeks direct customer and Business Owner feedback to make sure implemented features meet customer needs
- Generate and manage list of work generated by the development team
- Post release, responsible for tracking and reporting on whether the envisioned business value is realized
- Develops requirements, user stories, and acceptance criteria to confirm alignment with product vision
- Leads development efforts by capturing business context/problem, client needs, current state, desired future state, objectives, and impacted user groups
- Assesses change requests related to requirements and user stories to assess overall impact. Responsible for ensuring change control and change management procedures are followed as they relate to requirements
- Represents the customer in sprints to the delivery teams and provides sprint prioritization to ensure technology alignment with business priorities & strategies
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or a related discipline
- 7 years of applicable experience (business analyst, project management, technical analyst, solutions architect, etc.)
- In lieu of degree, 9 years of experience as stated above
- Direct experience with relevant application/system
- Familiar with Agile Scrum methodology and rapid application development techniques
- Demonstrated experience writing and reviewing business, user, functional and nonfunctional requirements.
- Extensive experience with relevant application/system
- Ability to communicate the status of multiple projects out to various audiences.
- Creative and resourceful in finding solutions to complex issues and blockers.
- Comfortable with communicating frequent changes to scope and privatizations to stakeholders and a team of co-located members.
- Comfortable with shifting prioritization quickly and in refactoring limited resources toward modified objectives
- Proficient at creating strong relationships that foster the spirit of innovation, improvement, and collaborative solutions and developments.
- Proficient with tracking and managing multiple projects working with a variety of cross-functional resources
- 3-5 years of Facets knowledge, experience.
Good to Have Skill:
- Power MHS experience