Location: Durham, NC
Duration: 4+ Months
- Responsible for the management of existing product lines within markets that fit into the strategic plan of the organization.
- Conducts feasibility studies, analyzes potential operational impacts and identifies the steps necessary to creatively and effectively modify and enhance product lines to meet changing business needs.
- Define product requirements based on competitive analysis and market research.
- Manage budgets for product redesigns including strategic and financial objectives.
- Prioritizes work, analyzes potential operational impacts and identifies the steps necessary to manage/enhance product lines.
- Studies the direction for assigned products and product lines after conducting market studies.
- Designs, plans, and implements changes to assigned products.
- Develops product policies.
- Provides input to overall project activities for major initiatives.
- Works within a cross-functional work group to maintain the product within the market.
- Monitors and reports on product performance and takes appropriate corrective action when necessary.
- Works directly with the administering vendor by providing compliance and business requirements. Supports the entire organization as the product experts.
- Provides field and customer support for assigned products, including and assisting with communication of market strategy, product and competitive information, pricing and promotions.
- Bachelor’s degree
- A minimum of 5 years of product management experience managing one or multiple products/services or 5 years of strategic marketing, group health sales or networking management or other industry experience that would provide in depth knowledge of health insurance products.
- A minimum of 3 years of project management experience.
- If no degree, a minimum of 7 years of experience is required.
- Healthcare experience preferred.
- An MBA degree is preferred.
- Experience that includes competitive analysis, product strategy development and planning.
- Experience that includes working in the ACA market
- Experience working with vendors.
- Proven experience developing and implementing short and long range product marketing strategies by identifying and prioritizing new benefit and product opportunities.
- Proven experience successfully managing the product cycle from development of product enhancements to introduction to market.
- The incumbent must be able to lead and conduct focused business research and to effectively and clearly communicate results, as demonstrated by formal training and experience in research design, implementation and analysis.
- Communication, team-building and team-leading skills are essential as the manager will interact with all levels of personnel and management.
Must Have Requirements:
- Experience working within a cross-functional work group, including vendors, to maintain the product within the market.
- Product Management experience OR other industry experience that would provide in depth knowledge of health insurance products.
- Ability to supervise or escalate others in the completion of projects/deliverables within timelines
- Adept at troubleshooting and persistent at achieving results
- Exhibit high degree of initiative managing multiple priorities, utilizing excellent judgment, administrative abilities, and decision-making skills
- Very organized
- Ability to prioritize
- Clearly articulate business requirements
- Problem-resolution skills
The Good to Have But, Not Required Skills:
- Candidate doesn’t have to be as a project manager, but it would be helpful.
- Health Insurance experience
- Product Management at a Health Insurance company
- Product Management of an ACA-compliant product
- Program Management
- Vendor Management
- Business Process Redesign