Location: Durham, NC
Duration: 6+ Months
- Act as a technical expert/resource for the team and business partners while leading the analysis, design and development of high volume, low latency applications for mission critical systems delivering high-availability and performance to best meet customer needs.
- Independently write well designed, testable, efficient code to support varied and highly complex IT solutions
- Provide technical leadership to other IT specialists to rapidly develop and deliver stunning solutions that meet changing business needs.
- Perform all necessary discovery and fact finding to fully understand highly complex business problems and opportunities and independently execute all assignments.
- Evaluate options to provide solution buy vs. build recommendations to management.
- Independently analyze and recommend solutions to development and production issues while effectively communicating to the project team, applicable vendors and/or the manager in a timely manner.
- Research and stay abreast of technology trends and IT best practices, with a focus on continuous learning and possible application to the business.
- Regularly act in a project lead capacity and/or represent the department on enterprise-wise project teams.
- Provide direction and assistance to less experienced team members and may oversee or coordinate work efforts as needed.
- Assist management with employee development initiatives, including training.
Required Must Have Skills:
- Facets, .Net and SQL server
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, mathematics, or other relevant technical field OR Associate’s degree specifically in computer science.
- Candidates with non-technical degrees may be considered with the completion of a relevant technical certification program.
- 7 years development experience in Facets,.Net and SQL Server.
- With no degree, 10 years of experience required.
- Proven experience managing projects and collaborating effectively with vendors and business partners for solution delivery.
- Demonstrated leadership skills required
- Experience with software development tools (i.e. Open Source, Eclipse, Mulesoft Anypoint Studio, JBOSS DevStudio).
- Experience with testing methodologies with the stated major development language(s)/technology.
- Experience with a major relational database management system preferred. Experience with NoSQL databases is also a plus.
- Experience with Linux operating system is a plus. RHEL preferred.
- Knowledge of messaging engines is helpful.
- Experience with RESTful services and JSON preferred.
- Cloud experience preferred.
- Strong leadership, coaching and mentoring skills.
- Excellent relationship management and collaboration skills to facilitate effective working relationships with varied stakeholders and team members, including vendors.
- Ability to manage high profile and/or more complex projects and ensure work is completed on time with high quality
- Excellent problem solving skills, with a focus on understanding overall business issues and determining innovative solutions
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including solid presentation skills.
- Must be self-directed, highly organized and adaptable with the ability to effectively multi-task as needed
- Demonstrates strong familiarity with current and emerging technologies and investigates and suggests new technology to meet business needs.