Location: Durham, NC
Duration: 4 Months, Contract to Hire
- Leads and coordinates the design, deployment and operation of global IT Security management software and hardware devices to ensure that the systems and data integrity of the organization is being maintained and protected against the latest cyber threats.
- These include Antivirus defense (AV) / Endpoint Security, Network Access Control (NAC), Security Information and Event Management (SIEM), Network Scanning and Vulnerability Identification, Data Loss Prevention (DLP).
- The major job functions/components above are the typical functions of the job and are not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties.
- Personnel in this position should be aware that the responsibilities, tasks, and duties of the jobholder may differ from those outlined in this job description and various other duties may be assigned as needed.
Major Job Functions/Components:
- Lead the design, deployment and operation of global IT Security management software and hardware devices including, but not limited to: Antivirus defense (AV) / Endpoint Security, Network Access Control (NAC), Security Information and Event Management (SIEM), Network Scanning and Vulnerability Identification, Data Loss Prevention (DLP).
- Serve as an Incident leader on IT Security incident response team to handle more complex incident investigations.
- Apply forensic investigation techniques to document root cause and impact of detected computer security incidents.
- Lead the design and implementation of countermeasures to mitigate potential security threats, especially those that are more complex and far reaching.
- Proactively identify vulnerabilities that are applicable to systems and applications, determine their severity and urgency, work with the system owners to determine if and when corrective action will be taken, and perform necessary actions to verify that corrective actions were effective.
- Oversee and lead work related to security assessments/reviews/audits of systems including applications, servers, firewalls, remote access logs, web and email filters.
- Lead the review and analysis of security and privacy exceptions. Proactively consult with business partners to resolve security and privacy exceptions.
- Lead work related to review and analysis of complex system compliance monitoring / reporting.
- Independently perform highly complex network vulnerability and information security forensics investigations, often as part of incident response actions.
- Oversee the development, revision, and maintenance of Standard Operating Procedures and Working Instructions related to IT Security.
- Provide informal work coordination and leadership/coaching to less experienced security engineering staff.
- Must have deep technical implementation and management experience for at least two of these technologies: Antivirus defense (AV) / Endpoint Security, Network Access Control (NAC), Security Information and Event Management (SIEM), Network Scanning and Vulnerability Identification, Data Loss Prevention (DLP).
- Bachelor’s degree and 7 years of proven deep technical information security engineering experience, including the rollout, management, and advanced troubleshooting of network and endpoint security tools.
- In lieu of degree, 8 years of information security engineering experience as described above.
- Knowledge of Network security understanding in a multi-protocol LAN/WAN environment including TCP/IP, IPSEC, SSL and HTTP.
- Understanding of host and network intrusion detection, and monitoring systems and methodologies.
Additional Education/Experience Preferences:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Security, or Computer Science.
- Proven informal leadership, coaching and mentoring skills.
- Strong work coordination, project management and planning skills.
- Exceptional consulting skill set with ability to provide appropriate direction to other IT groups and executives on security matters.
- Demonstrated initiative to learn new technologies.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to present and discuss highly complex technical information to users with varying technical expertise.
- Must be detail-oriented with a focus on accuracy.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with varying constituencies and teams.
- Superior customer focus and the ability to manage customer expectations.
- Demonstrated commitment to and leadership of continuous process improvement.
- Proven ability to work effectively in emergencies while handling multiple priorities.
- Professional and/or technical certification in Information Security is desirable (i.e. CISSP, Security+, Network+, CCNA, SANS certifications (GSEC, GPPA, GMON, GCIA, GCIH, etc.)