Location: Philadelphia, PA
Duration: 6 Months
- A Principal Network Engineer has similar responsibilities to Network Engineer III personnel.
- However, a Principal Network Engineer is deemed to be the subject matter expert and in-house advisor on complex problems and issues.
- Leads teams that plans, forecasts and implements new network technologies of high complexity.
- Participates in network architecture design and engineering.
- Evaluates new products and develops technical standards.
- Participates in enterprise-wide on-call rotation.
- Performs troubleshooting procedures and designs resolution scripts.
- Leads enterprise-wide assignments.
- Works on projects/issues of high complexity that require in-depth knowledge across multiple technical areas and business segments.
- Maintains and increases knowledge of IS network systems.
- Increases knowledge of industry trends, future technologies and client issues that may impact network strategies and direction.
- Coaches and mentors Level I and Level II, and Level III staff.
- Serves as expert for management task forces and committees.
- Participates and provides feed back to improve corporate and IS processes including, but not limited to, work flow, project management, time accounts, and employee reviews.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in wide range of technologies including routing and switching design and architecture.
- Solid experience and knowledge of Data Center and high availability environments (HSRP, VRRP) and must have experience working in a multivendor network.
- Expert level knowledge of switching, including but not limited to: CGMP, IGMP, 802.xx, Gigabit Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, Vlan/Trunking (802.1q), Etherchannel, Spanning Tree (STP), HSRP, VRRP.
- Extensive experience with optical transport design and architecture including but not limited to DWDM, SONET w/APS (OC3-OC192), multiplexing/demultiplexing
- Solid knowledge of IPv4 routing protocols (RIPv2, OSPF, BGP), along with their control plane dynamics, QoS and rate limiting, IP addressing and subnetting, segmentation, DDI, Ethernet standards and 10GigE Ethernet technology.
- Solid experience with voice/video/data convergence technology.
- Cisco Load Balancer and Unix/Windows operating systems administration.
- Cisco ACE, ASA, ACS, and Cisco unified wireless network (CUWN) experience desired.
- Expert knowledge of network security systems and protocols including firewalls, Radius and TACACS+, IPSEC and IKE, SSH, etc.
- Knowledge in ancillary technologies used to support enterprise network monitoring and management such as fault/performance management and metric gathering tools/technology (SNMP, Netflow), packet capturing tools, and automation tools.
- Experience with, and strategic view of, building and datacenter design
- Experience with collaboration and edge devices
- Visio skills are a plus
Information Security Requirements:
- Understand and comply with all enterprise and IS departmental information security policies, procedures and standards.
- Support the integration of information security in the development, design, and implementation of Hospital Technology Resources that process, transmit, or store information.
- Support all compliance activities related to state, federal regulatory requirements, healthcare accreditation standards, and all other applicable regulations that govern the use and disclosure of patient, financial, or other confidential information.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field.
- The equivalent in related work experience and self study may be substituted.
- 7-10 years experience in Data Networking and TCP/IP Protocols.
- Seven or more years of experience in networks, LAN/WAN or management information systems.
- Expert design experience pertaining to IP data/voice/video solutions in the healthcare industry.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to interact with team members, management, customers and support personnel.
- Strong ability to analyze and solve complex problems using analytical and creative problem solving skills for design, creation and testing of networks.
- Extensive knowledge and experience understanding industry best practices on network architecture and engineering and experience in robust network, product/service and system design and implementation strategies.