Location: Durham, NC
Duration: 6 Months
- Responsible for the architecting and engineering of various aspects of platform architecture and services in cloud hosted infrastructures which might include network, compute, storage, application servers, middleware, and database.
- Analyze current and future requirements to effectively design analytics platform solutions while determining design feasibility from both technical and economic perspectives.
- Maintain technical standards, procedures and documentation in partnership with service partners as needed.
- Partner and consult with varied technical, business, project and management staff to identify and plan, assess platform designs and impacts, while developing solutions to any resolve design problems.
- Plan and develop engineering designs in support of the implementation of platform for integrated software, database, and analytics solutions.
- Ensure data scientists, data engineers, and analysts have the tools needed on the analytics platform
- Modify platform to fit the needs of Data and Analytics and support advanced analytics
- Participate in software and hardware licensing, financial and capacity activities within the environment.
- Support design of internal projects collaborating with IT stakeholders, service owners and partners
- Provide operational readiness through the engineering, planning, coordination, and execution of performance and tuning analysis, systems support, incident and problem resolution, software installation, and upgrades.
- Provide guidance and consultation in solutioning production incidents when required.
- Maintain appropriate standardized guidelines, work procedures and schedules for solution engineering to expedite workflow and ultimately improve efficiencies.
- Collaborate with vendors on infrastructure/technology designs to ensure the final product is what was architected or designed and supports DnA needs
- Bachelor’s degree and 3 years of cloud engineering/architecture experience is required.
- In lieu of degree, 5 years of experience as stated above.
- Direct experience in one or more the following technical specialties: software development, cloud deployments, network, compute, storage, analytics, and/or database.
- Knowledge of automating tasks associated with technical specialties.
- Experience working on integrating analytics technology with cloud-based platforms.
- Experience in multiple technical specialties preferred.
- Experience in one or more of the following technologies (aligning with relevant technical specialties):
- Compute virtualization, Python, Java, Ondemand and autoscaling compute, Network function virtualization, Linux containers
- Experience engineering technologies to be delivered “as a service” and an understanding of concepts of multi-tenancy.
- Strong technical aptitude in varied areas.
- Must be able to work independently and be self sufficient in defining and realizing infrastructure designs.
- Team and customer service oriented, flexible and adaptable with proven ability to solve problems in a collaborative and timely manner.
- Solid background in data collection, analysis, and reporting.
- Proven debugging skills
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities with strong organization and planning skillset.
- Knowledge of Systems Development Life Cycle Methodologies and process flows.
- Ability to correlate technical actions to business impact
- Flexible and adaptable with focus on effectively managing change.
- Relevant technical certification preferred.
- Nice to have: AWS or Azure Certifications