Location: Farmington, CT
- Reports to an ITS Group Lead or ITS Manager.
- Provide application and technical information system support.
- Designs, analyzes, builds, tests, trains and supports assigned applications.
- Identify application/process design issues or conflicts and assist with the resolution.
- “On Call” responsibilities as required.
- Builds and maintains assigned applications and interfaces.
- Participates in test script development and execution.
- Conducts testing for assigned applications.
- Coordinates vendor support for functional and technical support of applications, interfaces and equipment.
- Participates in training and development of staff and users as assigned.
- Provides customer response and updates according to current policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field and four – six (4 – 6) years of related experience.
- Healthcare experience is preferred.
- Work experience may substitute for minimum education requirement.
- Due to sensitive security and financial responsibilities, must successfully pass Credit/Financial screenings.
- Working knowledge of state and federal health care information technology laws and regulations.
- Working knowledge of general information technology policies and procedures.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to operate various office machines including printers, computers and various software packages.
- Ability to problem-solve.
- Analytical skills.
- Project management skills.
- Conflict resolution skills.
- Presentation skills.
- Prioritization skills.
- Process improvement and quality skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Organizational skills.
- Ability to train others.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, exercise discretion and sound judgment.
- Must be willing to learn new technologies and techniques.
- Must be willing and able to come to work in adverse weather conditions.
- Attends all mandatory education and training programs (including department specific) and can describe his/her responsibilities related to general safety and regulatory compliance as well as department safety and specific job-related hazards.
- Follows the hospital exposure control plans/bloodborne and airborne pathogens.
- Attire is professional, neat, clean, and appropriate for the work environment, according to the Department Appearance Policy and a high standard of personal cleanliness is maintained.
- Reports to work on time and meets acceptable standard for attendance, based upon the department attendance policy.
- Communicates messages clearly and concisely
Additional Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills and Requirements):
- The ideal candidate will have at least 1 to 3 years of Clinical Imaging Applications support experience.
- Radiology Imaging Systems (PACS Systems) required. Sectra PACS strongly preferred.
- Voice Recognition (PowerScribe) strongly preferred
- Vendor Neutral Architecture a plus
- Advanced Visualization a plus
- Other DICOM systems (Dental, Orthopedic, Oncology, OB/GYN) a plus.
- Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Knowledge of Radiology/Imaging operations and workflow, PACS/RIS workflow and technology integration with a PACS system and radiology modalities.
- Understanding of interface communications including HL7, XML and X12 messages
- ABII Certified Imaging Informatics Professional (CIIP) a plus
- PARCA Certified PACS Systems Analyst (CPSA) or Certified Healthcare Enterprise Architect (CHEA) a plus
Additional Key Accountabilities:
- Supports the implementation and operation of enterprise imaging information systems including hardware and software.
- Assist in the development, implementation and maintenance of training/competency on the imaging system and image system tools and applications.
- Design, development, coordination, and delivery of value added services that support and enhance solutions that are utilized to retrieve, analyze, enhance, and exchange digitized medical images
- Collaborates with Imaging Informatics Officer, Health Information Management (IM) and, and others, as appropriate, to support and successfully fulfill Imaging Informatics service obligations throughout the full initiative life cycle.