Location: Orange, CA
Duration: 3 Months, Contract to Hire
- Looking for experience with Network Design, Cisco routers and switches, wireless (preferably Aruba), and firewalls (preferably Palo Alto).
- CCIE certification desired/not required
- Reporting to the Technical Services Manager, this position is responsible for designing, supporting , managing and maintaining all aspects of the network infrastructure.
- This includes LAN/WAN, wireless technologies, network security, VoIP, and datacenter switching.
- The Network Architect engages in architecture definition, planning, technology direction, project management as well as mentoring of network engineers.
- This position works closely with clients, vendors, carriers and other technical and non-technical staff to analyze business and technical requirements and develop options, recommendations and associated cost benefits, while providing engineering design for implementations.
- This position will research, evaluate and recommend new tools and technologies for data, video and voice networks. Assess emerging technologies and make recommendations to information technology management.
- Oversee, certify and assist in implementation and support of the enterprise wide network.
- Minimum of Five years experience designing complex networks configured with high availability.
- Managing Cisco routers and switches, wireless technologies, cabling systems, firewalls, UPS power systems, SNMP.
- Experience in designing network infrastructure, working with all aspects of configuring routers & switches, hardware & software upgrades, network protocols, LAN/WLAN/WAN based networks.
- 8 years experience designing complex networks configured with high availability.
- Managing WLAN &VoIP networks, Unix/Linux, Aruba wireless technology, remote access services, network management/monitoring, Palo Alto firewalls, Mobile Device Management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, or equivalent.
Desired: Master’s Degree
Training Minimum Requirement:
- Network design, Cisco routers, switches, VPN concentrators, firewalls, wireless access points, IDS, CiscoWorks, WLSE and High Availability redundant designing.
- Experience in complex infrastructure projects both as a lead and technical resource.
Special Skills Required:
- Skills in working with desktop devices (PC’s, printers, VTs) & windows operating system.
- Exhibits strong task and project management skills required to ensure tasks and projects are completed in a successful and timely manner.
- Exhibits strong ability to resolve problems effectively and efficiently to ensure minimal disruptions and unplanned downtimes of hospital systems.
- Strong oral and written communication skills necessary to communicate (technically and non-technically) with team members, other IT professional staff, IT management, users and vendors to ensure successful and cooperative completion of tasks and projects and to resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Ability to successfully perform administrative responsibilities necessary to comply with Organization and IS policies, procedures and standards.
- Certification can be in progress, but prefer candidate with completed certification or equivalent experience in CCNP, CCIE and/or Aruba ACxx