Location: Chattanooga, TN
Duration: 3+ Months
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent years of experience is required.
- Equivalent years of experience are determined as one year of technical experience for every year of college requested.
- 2 – 5 years of .Net programming experience required
- SQL server experience
- Experience in the health insurance industry preferred
- Knowledge of information technology concepts, application development methodology, terminology and standards.
- Above average written and oral communication skills are required
- Basic knowledge of systems analysis, design, and project management techniques.
- Hands on work know how of SQL queries (preferably Sybase)
- Formulates and defines system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding to design, develop, modify, or integrate moderately complex information systems
- Devises or modifies application systems and procedures to optimize functional requirements including capacity, operating time, response time, and form of desired results.
- Designs, codes, tests, debugs, and documents programs, subroutines, and scripts.
- May serve one or more project team roles, such as project lead, business systems analyst, or technical lead, for small to medium efforts.
- Competent to work on most phases of applications systems analysis and programming activities
- Maintains technical skill set for software languages, databases, platforms, operating systems, utilities and networks needed to support work assignments.
- Assists in preparing and maintaining application design document.
- Responds to system failures and performance events by taking appropriate measures to reduce system downtime and eliminate recurrence of problems.
- May conduct presentations to provide end users with knowledge to maximize their use of developed systems.
- Provides services to multiple concurrent project, project teams or management staff.
- Provides guidance and suggestions to less-experienced programmers.