Location: Philadelphia, PA
Duration: 3+ Months, Contract to Hire
- The Senior Application Developer’s responsibilities will range from designing, developing, writing automated tests, debugging and maintaining applications with other members of the team.
- Work with a team that includes web/app developers, integration developers, testers, systems analysts, business analysts, and project managers.
- Help design and implement a high-quality software architecture
- Design schemas for data persistence
- Write automated tests for your code
- Work with testers to find and fix problems and performance issues
- Typically reports to a project leader, manager, or director.
Competencies and Skills:
- Demonstrates attention to detail and the ability to problem solve through problem analysis.
- Demonstrates excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Demonstrates the ability to develop effort estimates for tasks within projects.
- Demonstrates a strong familiarity with relational database, client-server and application development concepts.
- Demonstrates the ability to break a project down into manageable and estimate-able tasks.
- Demonstrates the ability to learn independently.
- Must be able to handle on-call situations and be available 24 hours a day while serving on-call.
- Demonstrates the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- .NET Developer (C#, SQL Server, Entity Framework.
- Solid understanding of Agile (Scrum) framework.
- Solid understanding of OOP, relational databases, and SQL for implementing database-driven applications.
- Experience designing, developing and consuming APIs.
- Healthcare payer and Facets experience preferred.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer or information science required. Minimum of six years of application development experience required.
- Ten years of demonstrated professional success in the area of application development using the specific team technology stack may be considered in lieu of degree/experience requirement.
- Requires a good understanding with at least 4 years professional experience in database structure and design and in application development for web, mobile and/or form-based platforms.
- Requires strong knowledge and at least 2 years professional experience implementing modern programming concepts including: object-oriented programming, multi-tier application architecture, and unit testing.