Location: Chicago, IL
- The Manager Supply Chain Operations and Logistics has financial and operational responsibility for in-patient department inventories and associated strategic plans, Central Supply, shipping/receiving, outsourced courier services.
- Responsible for implementing cost savings through supply chain inventory reduction, optimization, and operational improvements while ensuring the availability of supplies and equipment.
- Implements and optimizes Just-in-time programs; monitors and maintains hospital inventories; implements quality improvement xinitiatives and waste reducing strategies; develops and implements customized logistic plans to optimize utilization of inventory for system and hospital-based programs.
- Oversees all on-site staff in their delivery of supply chain services.
- Continually evaluates progress toward objectives and maintains efficient and effective day-to-day operations.
- Manages and effectively communicates clear objectives of the Supply Chain Vision.
- Responsible for implementing process improvements and applying best practice methodologies, as well as cost savings through in-patient inventory optimization in partnership with the clinical operational leaders.
- Responsible for the management of in-patient supply inventory areas.
- Develops strategies to ensure the optimal levels of inventory are achieved; utilizing sound supply chain techniques as well as new technology when applicable.
- Develops metrics and uses benchmarking data to ensure best practice in conjunction with the clinical stakeholders, Supply Chain Business Operations & Supply Chain Project Management.
- Provides effective communication to clinicians, administration, faculty, management and staff to establish collaborative communication and understanding of the organization’s mission and strategic goals necessary to achieve operational goals.
- Meets regularly with other departments and direct reports to facilitate communication, goal setting and decision making.
- Alignment with in-patient area leadership to develop strategies surrounding consignment, preference cards, implants and Inventory Management solutions.
- Provides support and ideas regarding new supplies, substitutes, supply conversions, and trials to ensure all changes are seamless and properly communicated.
- With Leadership, participates in establishing standards for quality, safety and service.
- Coordinates, assesses and approves special projects.
- Develops staff and management to use abilities and talents to accomplish goals.
- Regularly evaluates staff and management and provides feedback related to achievement of established organizational and departmental goals.
- Actively engages in professional development to maintain current skills and knowledge of environmental trends, clinical developments/best practices and business opportunities.
- Reviews, monitors and documents employee performance, attendance and behavior.
- Creates an environment that fosters employee engagement.
- Responsible for establishing and ensuring compliance with all Supply Chain policies and procedures.
- Proactively identify and manage operational risks, issues as it relates to effective management of inventory.
- Develop recommendations based on thorough quantitative analysis and best practices and produce written assessment of findings.
- The authority to hire, separate, promote, demote, write and administer performance evaluations.
- Other job functions as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Business, or Healthcare Administration other related field required.
- A combination of education and/or 10 years progressive experience may be considered in lieu of the degree when the experience is directly related to the functions of the job.
- Minimum of eight years progressive healthcare Logistics operations.
- Experience in implementing and maintaining supply chain/inventory management systems, & process improvement.
- Working knowledge of personal computers and Microsoft windows OS and applications.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Capable of working in a diverse, multi-disciplinary team and interacting with all levels of the organization.
- Excellent analytical, written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to articulate facts and ideas clearly and concisely.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze problems and clearly articulate potential solutions.
- Ability to finish tasks in a timely manner.
- Ability to work independently and apply time management skills effectively in a fast paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate in a team environment with individuals of diverse disciplines in a goal-oriented environment.
- System process improvement experience and or education of Six Sigma, Lean, or similar process improvement principles.
- Ability to comprehend data logic and data processes.
- Ability to employ problem solving skills effectively, compile complex reports and develop presentations to external stakeholders.
- Excellent facilitation and project management skills.
- Ability to manage assigned projects to specified budget and time line with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to prioritize, organize and assess work in order to meet aggressive deadlines and cope in fast-paced environment.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills. Capable of working in a diverse, multi-disciplinary team and interacting with all levels of the organization.