Location: Denver, CO
- Responsible for managing the design, configuration, implementation and integration of all revenue cycle activities for revenue cycle applications.
- This position combines managerial responsibilities with in-depth hands-on technical expertise to include managing IT staff, user support, interfaces, managing software and hardware upgrades, interfaces and implementation of new hardware and software systems.
Essential Job Functions:
- Plans, manages, directs, and coordinates all activities to ensure a stable revenue cycle information environment, efficient workflows, and responsiveness to achieve enterprise goals and business strategies across the organization.
- Acts as point for communicating related system problems within the department and collaborates with other teams and vendors on changes, fixes, and updates.
- Manages projects and workloads to ensure timely implementation, effective resource utilization, and alignment with enterprise strategic and operational priorities.
- Negotiates resolution of conflicting requirements across agencies and/or departments.
- Participates in and fosters adoption of IT governance process and change control.
- Facilitates building, planning, problem solving, and prioritization discussions with application teams, information technology specialists, financial operations, and leadership.
- Develops relevant metrics and measures and publishes the performance of the services provided while enabling continuous improvement activities in collaboration with peer groups.
- Manages project personnel and vendor resources based on assigned duties and scope of authority to ensure projects complete on schedule and within budget.
- Maintains an in-depth understanding of the organization’s financial and technical systems interdependencies.
- Manages delivery and service level agreements (SLAs) by guiding incident resolution, problem management, maintenance, and enhancement tickets raised by the end users for financial applications.
- Supports the creation of financial software system training materials.
- Sets and measures performance objectives and provides regular one-on-one feedback to all members of the team.
- Works closely with all other IT management personnel in identifying, evaluating, selecting, and implementing specific information technologies that support the business plans and IT strategies.
- Reviews reports to ensure the integrity of shared financial application systems and makes recommendations for improvements to data management use.
- Role models the principles of a Just Culture and Values.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be HIPAA compliant.
- Project management experience preferred
- Ability to communicate concepts in elegant, concise, eloquent form to management and to cross-functional departments or teams verbally, in writing, and through pictures or diagrams when appropriate
- Ability to handle confrontation with appropriate grace, professionalism, cordiality, and firmness, and manage/resolve disputes appropriately
- Highly self-motivated, directed, and change oriented
- Excellent written, oral, instructional, presentation, and interpersonal skills focused on motivation and positive attitude
- Understanding of and experience with applications lifecycle and development methodologies
- Familiarity with health information technology and related regulatory requirements preferred
- Experience in Cerner Revenue Cycle Management preferred
- Minimum of five years of experience managing financial application implementations including resource management in a healthcare environment required
- Minimum of two years of leadership experience required
- Bachelor’s degree required with concentration in computer science, or related field and/or degree in financial systems/operations