Location: Chicago, IL
Position Qualifications Include:
- 5 years of application system implementation or support experience
- 8 years of overall experience leading to increasing responsibilities
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, health care or related fields.
- Epic or other clinical system experience highly desirable.
- Relevant work experience may be substituted for the degree and certification requirements
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Command of common office tools (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite, Visio, e-mail)
- The Manager of Epic of Epic Professional Billing Revenue Cycle directly manages the implementation, optimization, and support of Epic’s professional revenue cycle applications, including, but not limited to, Resolute Professional Billing and Claims.
- He/She ensures that Epic system functionality is designed and delivered to support business processes and information needs. He/She exemplifies the mission, vision, and values and acts in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Management – Assigns and coordinates resources to meet group goals. Anticipates and is proactive towards meeting customer needs. Balances needs for support, maintenance, and administrative tasks with projects. Independent and resourceful. Participates in strategic planning and department coordination.
- Leadership – Demonstrates ability to creatively solve complex situations. Responsible for employee reviews and career development. Empowers others. Employees seek this person out to help them solve work related problems. Solid cultural change management skills. Leads by example. Responsible for staff performance reviews.
- Technical Skills – Broad understanding of IS functions and business areas. Special knowledge of the business area supported by their particular group. Knows how to leverage technical resources. Able to manage support vendors.
- Project Planning – Proactively monitors group portfolio of projects; works with project managers to identify and resolve risks and issues. Mentors Project Managers and Business Leads. Reviews and approves Business Cases and SOW for small projects (may review large projects). Ensures delivery of products that enable business value.
- Communication and Influencing Skills – Builds a positive and productive relationship with a specific Customer group. Ability to change group behaviors to support IS direction. Group under his/her direction is well informed of strategy & direction.
- Teacher/Mentor and Personal Growth – Mentors 1 employee in IS. Active succession planning. Participates and supports the HSM program.
- Business Sense – Understands interactions between multiple departments. Understands timing when delivering information to customers. Works within IS to present one face to the customer. Assists in contract negotiations.
- Initiative – Identifies systemic group problems. Proactively initiates standard repeatable group processes where appropriate. Interacts with customers and builds relationships.
- Meetings – Holds regular meetings with group that are productive towards meeting department goals.
- Budget – Sets and meets accounting unit budget(s)