Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Duration: 10+ Months
- Requires a minimum of four (4) years in Operations Analysis, Management Engineering, Operations management, or a related analytical field in health care or management consulting directed toward process improvement – Required
- Previous supervisory and/or consulting experience – Preferred
- Decision Support, Metrics, Process Improvement, Project Management & Project Planning – Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Engineering, or a relevant technical/ management field – Required
- Master’s Degree – Preferred
- Under minimal supervision an Executive Leader, performs and/or manages project work of a generally complex nature aimed at improving operating systems and functions, with increasing responsibility for project planning.
- Budgets and allocates analyst resources for projects within scope of responsibility.
- Prepares reports and recommendations for management and coordinates implementation whenever possible.
- May act as a consultant on projects outside of specific assignments.
- Supervises tasks of support staff relative to assigned projects.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Works independently to manage complex projects involving coordination of multiple participants and teams aimed at improving operating systems and functions within.
- Maintains a high level of responsibility for completion of projects within a department, Hospital or Region with strategic implications.
- Conducts reviews of Hospital/Medical Group areas on a project basis; acts as a project lead for individual or multi-analyst projects.
- Prepares project plans including scheduling, costs, personnel matters and other operational concerns.
As a project manager, has the following responsibilities:
- Developing and refining project scope and objectives
- Developing and refining project work plan
- Recommend and provide input for budget preparation
- Guiding day-to-day activities of the project team
- Facilitate and/or lead meetings and teams
- Supplying periodic project updates to hospital administration. preparing project management reports, and coordinating written and verbal presentations of project findings, conclusions, and recommendations.
- Conceptualizes ideas, develops work plan, and plan execution into project format.
- Develops and determines priorities and monitors status of projects on an ongoing basis.
- Exercises independent judgment and makes difficult decisions.
- Works with all levels of the Hospital, Region and System.
- Conducts interviews with users and performs various data gathering techniques.
- Fosters teamwork with all involved parties to insure efficient project operations.
- Documents current systems and operations.
- Analyzes client systems, procedures, and operations and identifies opportunities for improvement.
- Identifies and tests alternative methods and procedures and identifies associated costs and benefits.
- Defines requirements to modify existing procedures or develops new system.
- Assists in the implementation of revised or new methods.
- Guides support staff in performing operations analysis and decision support activities.
- Establishes work schedules and priorities to ensure that workflow is controlled.
- Identifies internal staff development needs and opportunities for improvement or enhancement of staff skills.