Location: Tampa, FL
Duration: 3 Months, Contract to Hire
- The Learning Management Systems (LMS) Administrator is responsible for the day-to-day technical and operational support for Saba Learning Management System, acting as first line of customer support for end users.
- The role educates employees and leaders on how to use the system efficiently to manage the training of their teams, including training, documentation, running reports and managing content.
- The LMS Administrator is the main contact with IT, communicating upgrades and testing activating new functionality for their sub-domain.
- Performs regular audits of the sub-domain to ensure data accuracy and system integrity.
- This role focuses on the management, integration, and support of our learning system infrastructure and the delivery of varied digital content solutions within this infrastructure.
- Working with other team members and SMEs, trouble shoot issues with the LMS or any of its technical interfaces, raise and document issues via the escalation processes and provides customer support.
- 35% Design, implement, and manage technical components of the learning management infrastructure, which consists of internal systems and the externally hosted Learning Management System (LMS).
- Maintain configuration of learning objects and external content, including updating course properties, entering ILT classes and webinar sessions, and creating course curriculum.
- Assist with troubleshooting activities for all aspects the learning management infrastructure and content deployed on this infrastructure
- 10% Prepare business requirements, system requirements, test plans, status reports, project plans, and issues documents.
- Develop and implement technical solutions based on business owner requirements.
- Create and manage business processes for externally hosted LMS including standard operating procedures
- 10% Develop and maintain strong customer focused relationships with business owners, Subject Matter Experts, Functional Training Coordinators, and other content owners of the LMS to create and/or maintain an effective online Training environment.
- Assist in the development/ facilitation of and communication of performance improvement and organizational impact metrics. Identify issues/gaps and escalate as needed.
- Attend meetings with the principle members who govern the LMS to communicate changes, updates, and down-time to LMS administrators, managers and Learners.
- 25% Creates and manages the overall course structure and sets up course programs based on specifications from the Learning & Development Specialist.
- Publishes and archives online or blended learning solutions, assigns training curricula, and adds and deletes resources
- 15% Support end-users, serving as the first line of customer support for staff.
- Assists with troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Liaise with IT as needed for more complex problem solving.
- Other responsibilities and tasks as requested by manager or senior management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS or other field involving software and analytical training and two years of IT related work experience; or a Bachelor’s degree with no specific required field and three years of IT related work experience, OR a combination of six years of IT related work experience and validated training.
- Preparation for a relevant IT certification is considered to be related training.
- Three years of overall experience in a technical role; preferably within a professional services firm or similar environment
- Three years LMS and portal experience; Saba (cloud) experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Strong PC and database reporting skills including experience with all Microsoft Office applications and demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Excel effectively.
- Subject matter expert with content integration standards, including AICC and SCORM, and working knowledge of xAPI or other standards for experience tracking outside of the LMS
- Experience with Articulate Storyline, Adobe Captivate
- Experience in content management, SCORM and/or AICC content standards
- Ability to interface with business leadership, vendors and key resources
- Understand basic principles of Agile methodologies and web standards.
- Experience with adult learning methodologies and content structures
- Sharepoint development or administrator experience a plus
- Growth mindset with excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, demonstrated problem solving and critical review capability, a self-starter and team player