Location: Chicago, IL
Duration: 6 Months, Contract to Hire
Preferred Basic Qualifications:
- 8+ years experience in IT
- Experience developing Board-level presentations
- Comfortable leading groups of strong leaders (i.e. Sr. Manager, Directors, CISOs)
- Experience as a Product Owner within the Information Security domain
- Experience owning security programs through leveraging shared resources that do not directly report to you
Required Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
- At least 5 years in Information Security
- Diverse background and deep knowledge of multiple security domains
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Experience defining product roadmaps based on customer requirements and driving execution
- Comfortable identifying key business metrics and generating automated metrics to ensure program effectiveness and consistency
- Experience collaborating with both technical engineering teams and business leadership
- Self-starter, accustomed to working in a changing environment
- Strong problem solving skills and organizational skills
- The Lead Technical Program Manager is a key role in the delivery of the Information Security initiatives.
- This position takes on a critical and highly visible role at the forefront of efforts to protect our customers and enable the business.
- The role requires a balance between managerial duties and advanced technical skills to provide direction over the project portfolio, ensure projects are delivered, and manage ongoing programs.
- Delivery is at the core of this position and requires demonstrated information security experience both working in a technical role and leading.
- The role will work heavily with the entire Information Security department and also work closely with the Chief Information Security Officer driving the team strategy and lead system-wide initiatives.
Supporting Information Security Team Strategy:
- Keeping 18 months strategy & roadmap current and rationalized
- Preparing and delivering quarterly business reviews
- Ensuring team activity is aligned to goals/objectives
- Assist the CISO in developing Board presentations
Maturing and Operating Security Metrics Program:
- Work with various InfoSec team to define metrics requirements
- Mature centralized metrics platform
- Program ownership and ensuring business risk reporting capability is operating effectively
Lead Internal Security Programs:
- Work closely with project teams and process owners to drive effective execution against key milestones.
- Provide technical oversight for assigned InfoSec projects.
- Collaborate with engineering teams to drive the product roadmaps, by providing security requirements that help to map security controls / patterns to product features
Support “System-wide” security initiatives:
- Work with security experts and Information Security Officers
- Product owner for CISO collaboration portal, owning the vision, developing content and ensuring happy customers.
- Lead special interest groups tasked driving thought leadership, best practice, or developing new products to enable better security maturity.