Location: Philadelphia, PA
Duration: 6 Months
- The lead data analyst is passionate about healthcare delivery in a patient care setting.
- A successful candidate is articulate, analytical, and a team player who understands the power of data in clinical settings.
- The lead enjoys coordinating with interdisciplinary teams to create end to end solutions for quality improvement.
- S/he learns quickly, works independently, and is relentless in overcoming technical, process, and organizational obstacles.
- The lead data analyst will join the Clinical Data & Analytics team and will be responsible for empowering users with data across the institution, providing a unique blend of clinical, technical, and analytical expertise.
- The team works with multiple groups within the organization to improve patient safety and quality, streamline operations, and contribute to clinical research.
- The team combines clinical knowledge with technology to empower decision makers and believes that analytics and data can improve outcomes, optimize processes, and reduce costs.
- The team is looking for creative problem solvers who are excited about joining a growing, collaborative team with a big impact.
- The lead analyst will supervise and mentor other analysts on quality improvement projects.
- The lead will be responsible for a portfolio of data-related projects across the entire data spectrum from data collection, data extraction, to data analysis and data visualization.
- A major function of project portfolio management is the administration of the project intake process and facilitating prioritization.
- The lead provides tactical leadership in consulting with individual clinicians and clinical outcomes teams to deliver solutions for clinical data management, process and quality improvement efforts, and health system initiatives ranging of variable complexity and effort.
- Responsible for oversight of a project portfolio by: creating project plans, monitoring project timelines, reporting on project status, identifying project resource needs, understanding needs of clinical teams to assure successful completion of project objectives, serve as key point of contact on assigned projects, participates in multiple work-streams
- Works with data consumers at all levels of the organization to gather, analyze and manage business requirements, and work with various development team to design and test new business intelligence and data analytics solutions to drive decision making for system-level patient safety and quality improvement efforts
- Proactively recommends improvements in clinical, financial and/or operational performance by advising health system consumers on the metrics that define value according to their requirements.
- Leads and manages daily team activities and project assignments.
- Assist with management decisions and activities.
- Develop and provide technical and staff leadership to the unit.
- Serve as supervisor and act as a mentor to junior analysts and cross-matrix teams
- Point person for collaborative partnerships with different organizations such as IS Analytics & Reporting, Office of Safety and Medical Operations, etc.
- Promotes and applies appropriate analytical methods
- Represents hospital needs and informing the design of development of EDW and related tools for quality measurement.
- This includes planning and implementation of an “end-to-end” technical architecture to include data input solutions, data governance process, enterprise data management, and the analysis-presentation of complex data.
- Proficient in various reporting tools (Qlikview, Crystal reporting, Business Object Web Intelligence)
- Must be Proficient in SQL
- Experience in at least one computer programming language (Python, Java, etc) or analytical programming language (SAS, R, etc)
- Master’s degree in biostatistics, epidemiology, health services research, economics, quantitative science or related discipline PLUS at least five years of experience in analytics or process/quality improvement OR
- Bachelor’s degree in technical field PLUS at least six years of experience in analytics or process/quality improvement
- Two years direct experience coordinating the activities of others (team leader, project manager) OR two years direct experience teaching, consulting, mentoring, or other activities demonstrating promotion of others’ skills and development