Location: Chattanooga, TN
Duration: 6 Months
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent years of experience is required. (Equivalent years of experience are determined as one year of technical experience for every year of college requested.)
- 2 – 5 years of Java programming experience required
- Experience in the health insurance industry preferred
- Knowledge of information technology concepts, application development methodology, terminology and standards.
- Above average written and oral communication skills are required
- Basic knowledge of systems analysis, design, and project management techniques.
- Business Process Management/Workflow experience (PEGA/IBM BPM/etc..) preferred.
- Experience with SAFe Agile methodologies preferred. Experience with Agile methodologies/ceremonies preferred.
- Formulates and defines system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding to design, develop, modify, or integrate moderately complex information systems
- Devises or modifies application systems and procedures to optimize functional requirements including capacity, operating time, response time, and form of desired results.
- Designs, codes, tests, debugs, and documents programs, subroutines, and scripts.
- May serve one or more project team roles, such as project lead, business systems analyst, or technical lead, for small to medium efforts.
- Competent to work on most phases of applications systems analysis and programming activities
- Maintains technical skill set for software languages, databases, platforms, operating systems, utilities and networks needed to support work assignments.
- Assists in preparing and maintaining application design document.
- Responds to system failures and performance events by taking appropriate measures to reduce system downtime and eliminate recurrence of problems.
- May conduct presentations to provide end users with knowledge to maximize their use of developed systems.
- Provides services to multiple concurrent project, project teams or management staff.
- Provides guidance and suggestions to less-experienced programmers.