Location: Austin, TX
- The Interface Specialist will plan, implement, and manage the integration of various applications and data sources through the use of different data interface solutions while working closely with partner organizations and technology vendors.
- Knowledge of JSON, SOAP, REST, XML and other data interoperability standards used in electronic medical records systems.
- HL7 certification preferred.
- Experience with HIE platforms, EMPI (e.g. Mirth Match), Direct Mail, and similar technologies.
- Familiarity with AWS, Azure, or other cloud services.
- Strong software development, common data models and data quality skills preferred.
- Experience of API (application programming interface) development and management is also essential.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related discipline.
- Three-plus years of system analysis, and ETL/API development experience.
- Experience in a health-related organization or health information exchange (HIE).
- Deep knowledge and extensive experience of API (application programming interface) development and management is also essential.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize multiple ongoing responsibilities, attention to detail, effective oral and written communication, and good problem-solving skills.
- Implement data extraction and data mapping from a variety of systems and oversee implementation, testing, training, go-live, monitoring and ongoing maintenance of data interfaces.
- Provide ongoing maintenance, which will include management of channel security, assisting with support calls, account management, and developing interface performance metrics and data quality reports.
- Maintain detailed technical documentation of interface designs, specification, code, and user guides.
- Work closely with database developers, administrators, and data partners including multiple healthcare and health related organizations, as well as, vendors to develop requirements.
- Work closely with the rest of the team to support system level functions, security, and excellent customer service.
- Other related duties as assigned.