Location: Providence, RI
- The Integration Engineer serves as the primary support and contact with the end user community and application vendor for system interfaces and information sharing workflows.
- Works closely with others on the application team to develop technical solutions to best meet interfacing needs, monitor and improve quality of data sharing and manage interoperability of data between systems.
- The incumbent develops a thorough understanding of departments business practices, designs customized solutions and troubleshoots configuration and/or application problems.
- Responsible for interface implementation, ensuring infrastructure is in place and working with application team members and end users to ensure proper workflow for data synchronization between systems.
- Familiarity with structured query language, UNIX/Linux and Microsoft platforms preferred.
- Should be knowledgeable in TCP/IP and basic client server architectures.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills required and knowledge of healthcare terminology highly desirable.
- Experience with formal project management methods in conjunction with the management of clinical information system projects desired.
- The candidate must possess excellent oral and written communication and problem solving skills
- Bachelors Degree in computer science or related field with two to five years experience as Interface Engineer, or related position, preferably in a health care and/or hospital environment, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have experience with a computer programming language (e.g. Monk/Scheme, TCL, Java, Perl), and HL7 interface engines (Cloverleaf strongly preferred).