Location: Austin, TX
Preferred Qualifications (two or more of the following):
- Experience working in educational institutions
- Greater than required educational qualifications
- Experience with digital (CNC) fabrication tools
- Experience with IT network operations
- Familiarity with LAITS procedures
- Completed courses in the Business Management Certificate Program
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- At least four years experience as a supervisor in an IT work environment
- Demonstrated innovation, initiative and follow-through
- Ability to communicate technical issues to non-expert users
- Demonstrated regular and punctual attendance in workplace
- Advises Associate Dean for Research and Technology on hardware and software systems that contribute to the mission of School of Architecture including: identifying, analyzing, and assessing alternative resolutions to meet strategic goals; identifying, budgeting, installing, and maintaining individual components and the design of integrated configurations; advising faculty and students on desktop/laptop systems that meet instructional and research needs; advising staff on desktop/laptop systems that meet administrative needs; and, reporting metrics of School of Architecture IT service demands and performance.
- Administers School of Architecture IT budget and oversees IT purchases in accordance with policies and best practices.
- Recruits, hires, and supervises IT staff including: administration of personnel issues; coaching functional area employees and facilitates professional development opportunities; establishing and maintaining effective communications with staff, faculty, and administrators; exercising judgment within stated existing guidelines for decision making; sharing supervisory oversight of hiring, training, and work performance evaluation of 10–14 IT student employees.
- Coordinates and provides continuity with other IT units on campus to facilitate effective shared services that support the School of Architecture including: coordinating efforts with Liberal Arts Information Technology Services (LAITS) to provide faculty support and instructional support (classrooms and labs); coordinating with ITS for network management; coordinating with Internet Security Office (ISO) staff to ensure best practices are being applied and compromised systems are properly mitigated.
- Establishes and administers safety procedures for research systems and digital design/fabrication tools.
- Serves as School of Architecture software license manager.