Location: Miami, FL
Duration: 3 Months, Contract to Hire
Top Skills (All Required):
- Experience doing this job at a hospital/provider.
- Data loading and extraction
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent experience required.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Leadership to apply.
- Solid project management skills in leading mid to large project in a cross-functional environment.
- Excellent analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Team player with customer focus.
- 12 years of experience in IT with relational database management systems (RDBMSs), with a minimum of 10 years’ experience with an ETL (Extraction, Transformation and Loading) tool such as Informatica and 8+ years of dedicated end-to-end data warehouse implementation experience.
- Administering an enterprise-wide data warehouse architecture design, experience with hardware, software and processes associated with data warehouse development and administration.
- Solid experience using SQL, ER Studio, and Unix shell scripting.
- Knowledge of logical and physical models; work with customer to understand business requirements and translate to appropriate technical solution.
- 5+ years’ experience with data warehouse or ETL architecture design required.
- Knowledge of the health care business processes and terminology and strong project planning skill is required.
- Serve as senior lead with excellent technical skills in data warehousing and leadership/mentoring skills.
- Lead the overall architecture/activities to analyze requirements, design and develop and deploy all the deliverables associated with each phase of the data warehouse projects.
- Lead the efforts to optimize the data environment for efficient data access and monitor ETL processes performance to ensure service level agreements are met and implement needed tuning.
- Lead and enhance best practice, guidelines/procedures, and naming conventions with enterprise-wide data collection/extraction.
- Apply independent judgment and initiative in carrying out assigned tasks.
- Lead and guide the team to work closely with database administrators and Unix engineers with database and infrastructure installations, designs, and maintenance.
- Lead production support for all ETL processes.
- Lead the effort to plan and support lifecycle of data warehousing infrastructure components including database, operating system, ETL tools and various vendor products.
- Lead/manage technical meta data efforts and documentation for DW/ETL processes.
- Serve as subject matter expert on assigned projects, production support areas and mentor other team members.
Essential Job Functions:
- Lead the team in translating business needs into technical solutions and specifications and designing relational and/or dimensional models or flat files to meet project requirements.
- Lead the effort to perform source system data profiling including structure, data and relationship discovery; be responsible for understanding source system database structures and underlying data and knowledge transfer expertise to DW team members.
- Lead the efforts in developing, managing and updating conceptual, logical, and physical data models; evolve existing models to meet new and changing business requirements
- Lead the efforts to design, develop, maintain, test and modify ETL (Extraction, Transformation and Loading) processes with efficiency, best practices, naming conventions and ease of maintenance in mind; ensure quality and accuracy of the delivered data; ensure SLA (Service Level Agreement) with clients are met
- Lead the efforts in documenting ETL technical design process, high level and detailed meta data and reconciliation process; in updating DW production Informatica job schedule document and production issues log on the shared drive
- Lead production support for all existing DW applications; respond to job failure related text page and/or emails in timely manner for critical DW applications
- Scope, plan, prioritize and manage multiple tasks and projects; improve efficiency by working on other assigned tasks/projects while waiting for information on certain project(s)
- Act as mentor to other team members; be independent and proficient in determining approaches to solutions, troubleshooting and maintaining ETL processes
- Lead and enhance project methodology of DW full development life cycles, prepare estimate and duration for development tasks and activities; submit weekly timesheets in PlanView and provide bi-weekly project status to management on time; adhere to ETL development/migration standards and change control policies and procedures
- Lead lifecycle of DW infrastructure components including database, operating system, ETL tool and other vendor products; lead the efforts for migrations and upgrades; monitor performance of ETL processes and implement tuning as needed
- Maintain a positive work environment by acting and communicating in a manner which facilitates the success of business operations in order to meet company demands and expectations