Location: New York, NY
Duration: 6 Months
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under the direction of the Associate Executive Director, the H2O Training Director is responsible to develop, revise and execute training programs that are in line with the overall corporate strategic goals.
- In addition, the H2O Training Director will manage the training department’s leadership team including the Associate Directors, Assistant Directors and Instructional designers and track milestones on the project plan.
- The H2O Training Director will determine the curriculum delivery strategy, as well as create and communicate the training schedule.
- The H2O Training Director will critically evaluate information from various sources, distinguish user needs from actual business needs and partner with business users, project managers, programmers, consultants and IT leadership in optimizing the scope, benefits and risks of actual and proposed projects as well as assist in managing stakeholder expectations.
- Development of a strategic training program in line with corporate goals and initiatives.
- Managing the scope of the project and assessing the risk
- Staffing the training team
- Managing Training Department Leadership Team, Instructional Designers and the training team’s goals and tasks
- Developing an overall sustainability training schedule
- Procuring training resources, training rooms, workstations, printers, projectors/screens, barcode scanners and other equipment needed for classroom training
- Develop and Implement an effective communication plan between facilities and training department
- Scheduling appropriate level of training for each end-user
- Determining the type of curriculum delivery (e.g., instructor-led, e-learning, or combination)
- Ensuring all end-users are properly trained prior to gaining access to the production environment
- Communication of the goals of the training department, and generating excitement for the classes
- Coordinating training materials and environment build
- Standardize templates used for lesson plans, manuals, tip sheets and other materials used by trainees
- Developing training environment strategy, which includes refreshing the training environments, schedules, and developing playground/practice environments
- Developing Training Strategies to accommodate the varying learning needs across all of the end-users (training Strategy should support adult learning needs for ongoing implementations, ongoing operational needs, and various regulatory requirements as they relate to Epic (such as Joint Commission)
Qualifications / Required Skill:
- A Baccalaureate Degree in Education, Information Systems, Computer Science, Business Administration or a related field (or equivalent education, training and/or experience)
- 3-4+ year’s management experience in the design, development and delivery of training programs
- Technology and healthcare experience
- Understanding of clinical, financial, and administrative workflow of a healthcare institution
- Excellent knowledge of English grammar and spelling for use in both verbal and written communications and documentations
- Interpersonal skills conducive to interacting with senior leadership, clinicians, management, support personnel, vendors and the public. Interpersonal/communication skills
- The ability and willingness to train and evaluate others in effective training methods
- Superior analytical skills
- A desire to learn new technology
- Good resource organizational skills
- Basic skills for troubleshooting desktop issues including printing
- Participate in special projects as needed and perform other duties as assigned
- Must be able to work independently as well as work as part of a fast moving team