Location: Bolingbrook, IL
Duration: 5 Months , Contract to Hire
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Information Systems or Healthcare Management
- Two years of directly related experience in financial reporting, or IS experience with vast experience in using SQL, Microsoft Access, or other reporting software
- High School or GED
- Six years financial reporting, or IS experience with vast experience in using SQL, Microsoft Access, or other reporting software
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent verbal, writing, interpretive, and time management skills
- Ability to work independently or as a team member
- Ability and willingness to take direction and learn from Senior Financial/Systems Analysts
- Demonstrated strong analytical and computer skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products, especially Excel and Access
- Epic Clarity
- Meditech Data Repository
- Meditech patient accounting system
- Epic patient accounting system
- Healthcare Financial Reporting
- SQL Server Management Studio
- Extensive data extract methodologies from multiple platforms
- Microsoft Visual Basic programming
- Crystal Reports
- Produce weekly and monthly financial reports for hospitals.
- Develop programming changes to improve processes for internal financial reporting and analysis tools. Provide recommendations based on the financial reports to appropriate individuals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Compile and perform analysis on standardized weekly and monthly financial, quality, and productivity reporting for hospitals.
- Summarize and include findings from analysis in reports distributed to the leadership team to use for decision-making purposes regarding improving processes, determining payers to focus on, etc.
- Balance information to the host system (Meditech, Epic, or STAR) source data.
- Develop automated process improvement tools using MS Access, MS Visual Basic, or other programming tools in order to facilitate improvement initiatives related to financial reporting.
- Create instructions to allow other team members to use the automated processes.
- Identify sources for getting information from the system and write the extract logic.
- Test the extracts to ensure the data is correct, make necessary corrections, and implement into an automated process.
- Provide recommendations and/or support documentation for Sr. Financial/Systems Analysts review prior to distribution to PFS leadership for operational improvements that will provide cost savings or increase revenue via data analysis and reporting.
- Maintain financial reporting systems and tools by updating data sources for new requirements, changes in scope of the report, and input query criteria changes.
- Identify and analyze trending and key variances in reporting while maintaining detailed knowledge of baseline numbers in the financial reports.
- Review any significant trend changes or variances with Sr. Financial/Systems Analysts prior to distributing to PFS leadership.
- Prepare foot notes for trending and explanations for variances to provide PFS leadership with additional insight in responding or reacting to the variance or trend.
- Support Senior Financial/Systems Analysts in creating, scheduling, or maintaining processes or data extracts that are required for financial reporting by performing the more manual tasks and following through on requests for data.
- Support Executive Revenue Cycle and leadership by providing intuitive ad-hoc reporting for their decision-making purposes.
- Assist the PFS Directors/Managers in the understanding of all patient financial services reporting by answering questions about data sources or giving them background information on why the reports were created.