Location: San Francisco, CA
Duration: 6 weeks
Job Function Summary:
- Participates in the development of forecasts, recommendations, and strategic / tactical plans based on business data and market knowledge.
- Works with business and / or clinical units to understand and prioritize data and information requirements.
- Optimizes the performance of enterprise business intelligence tools by defining data to filter and index that add value to the user.
- Researches new technology and develops business cases to support enterprise-wide business intelligence solutions.
Custom Scope (customizable, will be used in the job posting/advertisement):
- Applies skills and experience as a seasoned business analytics professional to projects of medium size at all levels of complexity, or to portions of large, multidimensional projects.
- The Experience Intelligence department helps improve the experience of its patients & families and providers by collecting, analyzing, and reporting on survey data.
- The department oversees patient and provider experience survey process, which includes managing the work with external vendors and internal IT areas for data collection and reporting of survey results in enterprise-wide dashboard platforms and other key indicator reports.
- The department takes a lead role in ensuring institutional experience data literacy through training & consulting to internal stakeholder groups.
- Experience Intelligence also applies lean principals and innovative approaches in order to achieve efficient and economies of scale for its data collection, analytical and presentation efforts.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities Required:
- Thorough knowledge of business intelligence functions, analytics, industry standards and best practices.
- Thorough knowledge of relevant internal databases, BI applications and tools.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills to manage complex information, assess problems, and develop and effective solutions.
- Detail oriented, with ability to manage time and organize competing priorities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to convey complex information in a clear, concise manner.
- Ability to produce high-quality reports and documentation.
- Strong interpersonal skills for effective collaboration with a broad range of professional and technical staff.
- 3 years’ of experience in business intelligence or related area.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Proven ability to serve as a technical resource providing advice and counsel on business intelligence issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in quantitative social science, management information systems, or related area, and / or equivalent combination of experience / training.
- Please provide 2-3 examples of problem solving for this position as described below (please be brief: 1-3 sentences for each example).
Common problems solved by the employee:
- Ability to create reliable & valid business intelligence deliverables (report, database) from business requirements
- Ability to evaluate business intelligence requests and triage them as per standardize work processes
Less frequent and more complex problems solved by the employee:
- Ability to assess business intelligence solutions based on users’ business needs/operations
- Developing workflow improvements based on value stream mapping
Problems/situations that are referred to this employee’s supervisor:
- Requested design changes to ExperienceDash
- Creation of standardized reporting deliverable to executive-level audiences.
- Requests for training & presentation to internal audiences