Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Duration: 6 Months
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Project Management or related field required with advanced understanding of business operations, computer systems, hardware and software concepts, and core business applications.
- Five years of direct project management experience can be used in lieu of a degree.
- Minimum of seven years’ experience in planning and implementing projects including developing scope, goals, work plans, timelines, implementation strategies and measurement processes for assessing progress toward goals and project outcomes.
- Two years must be senior level project management experience including experience managing multiple large corporate level projects and/or highly complex multi-department corporate projects.
- PMP or similar project management certification is preferred.
- Requires advanced working knowledge of information technology concepts, practices, terminology, and standards, with ability to actively conduct and/or engage in hardware and software related discussions relative to all assigned projects.
- Includes demonstrated ability to interpret and translate technical and/or or complex concepts into information meaningful to project team members and/or business personnel.
- Requires a broad knowledge of technology deployment management and control concepts.
- Ability to organize, lead and motivate large multidiscipline project teams (e.g. 20 or more participants) and facilitate development of an effective team oriented work group required.
- Must have ability to negotiate, define, interpret plan/policy requirements and present viable options to upper level corporate management.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills supported by equally strong critical thinking skills required.
- Must have experience in interpreting and translating technical and/or or complex material into information meaningful to project team members and/or business personnel.
- Includes ability to identify, define, quantify and resolve significant highly complex technical and management issues.
- Must have exceptional interpersonal, oral and written communication skills and the ability to support the Business Owner with the presentation of business cases and/or other project related matters to Senior Management.
- Interfaces with business and/or IT management frequently on topics ranging from simple to highly complex.
- Competently demonstrates presentation and facilitation skills when working with key stakeholders and management including executive management.
- Must be able to work proficiently in a fast-paced demanding environment.
- Consistently demonstrates highly organized personal and project-related work skills.
- Competently able to plan, track and provide a high level of overall project management so all assigned projects including those large in size and/or scope and high in complexity and small to moderate programs, can be bought to a successful outcome.
- Schedules, leads and facilitates project team meetings maintaining agendas, attendance records and takeaways from the meetings.
- Coordinates activities between cross-functional teams to identify challenges, makes recommendations to resolve and ensures resolution implementation.
- Efficiently coordinates tasks and deliverables between internal and external project teams and outside vendors
- High level ability to anticipate/identify project risks and issues in advance and implements necessary strategies to circumvent and/or resolve minimizing impact to project activities.
- Manages project according to staffing management plan, resulting in resource planning and allocation sufficient to deliver desired outcomes on time and within applicable budget
- Works with Business Analysts to assist project owners in gathering, documenting, and understanding business requirements for projects.
- Responsible for ensuring project/program related communication channels are proactively and effectively managed so needed information is disseminated to the appropriate stakeholders at the appropriate time.
- Provides project related updates to PMO director, team members, business owner and/or executive sponsor as required by plan or by developing circumstances.
- Ensures proper advanced notifications of status changes are made with business owners, executive sponsors and Project Management Office management.
- Acts as a liaison among business, technical and other personnel responsible for project tasks.
- Advanced ability to explain and/or discuss highly complex technical and/or business concepts and practices.
- Ensures adherence to adopted organization processes and lifecycles to ensure that project/program business and functional requirements are understood, agreed to, can be traced to measurable success criteria to ensure favorable results.
- Creates and maintains documentation related to the management of a project including but not limited to: Project Charter, Scope, Decision Memos, Service Level Agreement, Project Schedule, Status Reports/Scorecard, Issues and Lessons Learned.
- Ensures that project/program business and functional requirements are understood, agreed to, can be traced to measurable success criteria to ensure favorable results.
- Translates requirements and tasks associated with the project into a project schedule with an appropriate timeline; maintain the baselined project schedule accurately throughout the life of the project.
- Obtains updated task estimates at key points of the project and updates the project plan accordingly.
- Notifies key stakeholders when hours, dates, or budget exceed expected thresholds.
- Monitors project accomplishments and proactively makes decisions regarding changes to scorecard status indicators (e.g. milestones, resources, and budget)
- Identifies and initiates proactive measures to mitigate risks that threaten project scope or timelines
- Manages project/program related performance and participation of team members and addresses individual issues with appropriate business manager when required to ensure the team performance produces high quality and consistent results.
- Provides clear roles and responsibility definitions, adjusted to specific project requirements as necessary, for key team participants.
- Ensures specific participant roles and responsibilities are understood and manages role compliance throughout the project.
- With limited involvement and support from PMO management, makes decision regarding retention or replacement of project team members when necessary and handles communications with appropriate business managers.
- Compiles and reports on team member progress related to assigned project tasks.
- Manages project using Project Management best practices in team development resulting in enhanced team performance and consistent record of successful outcomes
- Acts as a consultant to the EPMO by participating in the Continuous Improvement of the EPMO.
- Reviews, recommends, and provides input on suggestions to change and improve EPMO processes, procedures, and recommended tools.
- Promotes the EPMO by helping demonstrate the value that the EPMO provides to all areas of the organization.
- Actively stays current within the Project Management to identify new processes, procedures or tools that could be utilized within our organization.
- To work independently with the project executive sponsors and/or business owners and lead project teams to deliver a broad range of organizational projects (Corporate and or IT strategic, regulatory compliance, business transformation, or tactical) that can be highly complex, large in size and/or scope or and typically involve several to all business areas (e.g. enterprise wide).
- Responsibilities may also include oversight of IT development, maintenance, and/or integration migration of a major, multi-divisional/corporate business application.
- Assigned projects are highly visible, highly complex and operate in a tightly constrained environment.
- Working independently, this position is responsible for the identification, interpretation, and clarification of business requirements and the formulation of policy, which supports multiple divisions and independent business units.
- Manages timely implementation of multiple corporate projects, responsible for acting as the focal point; interfaces routinely with all levels of technical and business management throughout the corporation.
- Also responsible for ensuring that all assigned projects are planned, prioritized, tracked, remain within budget when applicable, and yield expected outcomes.
- Managed projects are expected to result in a high degree of client/customer satisfaction.
- Provides mentoring and assists with the skill development of other PMO personnel and assists internal efforts to get departments proficient at self managing intradepartmental projects.
- Accountable for complying with all laws and regulations associated with duties and responsibilities.
Nature and Scope:
- Primary responsibilities include planning and managing all phases of the project lifecycle using adopted project management processes and procedures to meet organizational and/or departmental goals and project specific time and quality goals.
- Plays an active role in raising the project management acumen of operational areas.
- This position reports to Manager, Enterprise Project Management Office.
Activities of Direct Reports:
- This position has no direct reports.
- Provides and is accountable for direction to 2 to 5 professionals ranging from junior to senior level staff
- Oversees project related third party vendor engagement and performance
- To do this job effectively the incumbent is required to interact with all levels of organization management including senior management, departmental management, team members and vendors and consultants.