Location: Chattanooga, TN
Duration: 6 Months
- This position is responsible for enabling the alignment of IT security investments with the various business strategies.
- The SA II will provide overall direction, guidance, and definition of the enterprise’s architecture to support the corporate business strategies.
- This position participates as a top-level expert leading multiple consulting efforts, or a single large effort in IT security investment analysis, design, scope, and approach.
- The position will also assist in ongoing security architecture management functions such reviews, governance, and architecture reporting.
- The qualified candidate must have matrix leadership experience, experience in multi-year IT security investment planning and funding analysis, experience translating business needs into IT security investments, and have lead technical security architecture development.
- Bachelors Degree in Business or Technology, or equivalent experience.
- Equivalent years of experience are determined as one year of technical experience for every year of college requested. Experience
- 6+ years’ experience in the above activities required
- At least 5 years as an individual contributor leading a team in the design and implementation of one or more of the following: application and integration, data, technology and/or security architecture
- Technology – Competent at: Modeling, Tradeoff Analysis, Roadmaps,
- Security Architecture Documents
- Build ‘trusted advisor’ relationships with developers, operations, and business stakeholders
- Strategy – Understand customer and market trends, identify security relevant requirements, translate business strategy to technical security vision and strategy)
- Organizational Politics – Communicate, listen, network, influence, sell the vision, relate vision to stakeholders
- Build teams, motivate, set team vision, make decisions stick
- Experience implementing SABSA and TOGAF frameworks
- Build and lead matrix, cross-functional teams
- Collaboratively create current state security capabilities and architecture analysis.
- Collaboratively lead the creation of target security architectures
- Collaboratively lead the definition IS security investment strategies, roadmaps, and the enabling standards (including SWOT analysis)
- Collaboratively lead the definition of “Order of Magnitude” implementation and ongoing support costs for various security investment options
- Collaboratively lead the production of security architecture tradeoff analysis
- Establish and maintain a trusted advisor and partnership relationship to business users and technical implementers
- Mentor technical leads and domain architects and provide feedback as requested
- Communicate (sell/present) security architecture vision within various projects
- Manage alignment of IT security investments with the various business strategies
- Monitor implementation to manage new / change security architecture impacts and provide assistance where needed
- Manage conflict relating to technical scope, approach, and platform usage
- Manage common security architecture impacts across multiple projects and/or investments
- Provide leadership in defining the security architecture and business impacts of funding approach, staffing models, and optimization around department and enterprise security concerns
- Represent the strategies and assist in architecting at least three of the following areas of security architecture: application and integration, business, data, technology.