Location: Durham, NC
Duration: 6 Months
The Enterprise Project Manager creates a consultative partnership with business owners to define, plan, and deliver initiatives through all aspects of project life cycles to meet agreed acceptance criteria. This position manages projects of moderate or higher complexity in accordance with industry best practices. These projects touch multiple business areas, requiring cross-functional alignment of stakeholders, processes, and systems. They involve integration with other companies and their systems. Types of projects vary widely: launches of new products or services; application development; migration to new business applications; outsourcing of business or system capabilities; infrastructure upgrades, and more. Projects employ various delivery approaches such as waterfall and agile, often in combination.
General Project Management and Facilitation:
- Engages delivery partners within information technology, architecture, analytics and enterprise security areas for software development projects according to industry best practices.
- Accountable for ensuring that deliverables from business and technology partners are produced and approved according to multiple project schedules. This includes requirement documents, functional and technical design documents, test plans, etc.
- Proactively identifies and manages project risks and dependencies and raises awareness around projects across the portfolio.
- Accountable for the development business processes to ensure business readiness at project completion.
- Responsible for ensuring timely, accurate, and clear communication is provided to our customers and members.
- Responsible for developing, refining, and monitoring the project budgets throughout the project life cycles.
- Manages budgets to hours and dollar allocations to the approved amounts in accordance with financial processes.
- Proactively manages the change request process for project level scope, schedule and budget changes throughout the project life cycle.
- Accountable for ensuring compliance with all regulatory requirements and mandates which includes all internal and external audit requirements.
- Accountable for monitoring and effectively representing project as well as works with the project team to develop mitigation strategies for any risks and dependencies across the portfolio.
- Coordination of project team and vendor training to ensure accuracy on requirements and design on new software.
- Accountable for stakeholder identification and engagement throughout the project life cycle to ensure business readiness and proactive identification of risks and dependencies.
- Represents projects in executive level presentations in various project governance and inter-departmental forums.
- Accountable for driving project deliverables and compliance through the vendor contracting process for multiple vendors at a time.
- Manages the execution of contracted work to ensure contract compliance as well as timely receipt of deliverables and funds.
- Assembles, mobilizes, and motivates teams to set direction, approach, identify skill gaps, and resolve conflict in a highly matrixed environment to lead projects to conclusion.
- Accountable for managing allocated resources from multiple delivery partners while working within approved hours and scope.
- Technical and operations experience required