Location: New York, NY
Duration: 12 Months
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- The eConsult Project Manager will provide hands-on project management support for the eConsult program, which works to implement an electronic referral/consult solution.
- eConsult aims to reduce barriers to obtaining specialty care input, and improve the quality of care for our patients.
- The project sits within the Office of Population Health and will work in concert with broader efforts to improve patient and primary care provider access to specialty care expertise.
- The Project Manager has primary responsibility for keeping the project moving ahead and proactively planning for potential issues, roadblocks, delays, or other risks by continuously monitoring our progress, following up with individuals and teams as needed to get information and find out where things stand, and assessing whether/when
tasks are going off track.
Tasks will include developing and tracking the timelines and milestones for:
- IT development
Project oversight and quality assurance standards development
Rollout of eConsult to new sites
- The eConsult Project Manager will collaborate with a range of stakeholders and interested parties, working with IT, administration, and clinical staff as well as with other teams within our office, to facilitate buy-in, monitor quality assurance and user acceptance, and ensure that the development and rollout processes are meeting financial, quality, and strategic targets.
Qualifications / Required Skill:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Graduate degree (MA, MPH, MPA, MBA, MD) with a focus on public health, health care, or related field preferred.
- At least three years’ experience with progressive responsibility in a program/project management or administration capacity or a satisfactorily equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Experience in health care delivery systems implementation, and use of health information technology to support population health and healthcare; familiarity with Epic preferred.
- Demonstrates initiative, sound judgment and flexibility; possesses effective time management and organizational skills; comfortable working under deadlines; has excellent verbal and written communication skills.