Location: New York, NY
Duration: 6 Months, Contract to Hire
- The Office of Population Health (OPH) has a broad portfolio encompassing ambulatory care transformation, development of innovative care models, chronic disease prevention and management, research and evaluation, population health analytics, and social determinants of health
- OPH is searching for a Director of Population Health Informatics to take on a complex role encompassing a number of critical efforts
- Represent OPH and be the business lead for the enterprise-wide implementation of Healthy Planet, Epic’s population health suite of tools and functionality.
- Ensure implementation is patient and staff-centric/emphasize action and workflow with the greatest positive impact on patient care/provider workflow
- Ensure stakeholder feedback/input is gathered and incorporated where appropriate
- Represent OPH business needs in such areas as data governance, infrastructure development, and the development of any enterprise data warehouses.
- Ensure diverse portfolio of OPH Epic development is coordinated, minimizing duplicative and conflicting requests, and advocating for OPH needs with stakeholders and collaborators
- We are looking for a mission-minded leader who will excel at managing logistics and strategy, stakeholder buy-in, and bring technical expertise to this role, to ensure that health information technology is used to improve patient care and staff experience.
- Project management of the enterprise-wide Healthy Planet implementation, monitoring and driving development, collaborating and coordinating with internal and external stakeholders, to ensure deliverables and milestones are met.
- In addition to Healthy Planet development, coordinate Epic development within OPH, across multiple units, to ensure maximum impact and synergy, and to decrease duplicative work.
- Participate/represent OPH in applicable workgroups, committees and lead initiatives where appropriate in the development of infrastructure, data use/policies, and other areas that align with and impact the work of OPH and population health goals.
Qualifications / Required Skill:
- Bachelor degree required, Master’s degree preferred in public health, biomedical informatics, or other related discipline
- Experience managing complex projects (HIT or other), and working across multiple stakeholders
- Healthcare data experience required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and timelines
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment