Location: New Orleans, LA
- The IT Director- Revenue Cycle Applications performs a variety of complex administrative, technical, and supervisory work in the Information Technology organization, providing direction of Revenue Cycle systems as well as communication of performance between the IT organization, Revenue Cycle leadership, and its internal and external users.
- The IT Director for Revenue Cycle Applications will oversee Revenue Cycle applications to include Epic and third-party applications to support HIM, Patient Access, Scheduling, Hospital and Professional Billing.
- Must provide leadership and strategic direction for rev cycle applications and collaborate across departmental boundaries to ensure IT goals and priorities are met on time and within budget.
- Manages all rev cycle applications team members and addresses any conflicts or grievances in a timely manner.
- Serves as the liaison between the Information Technology (IT) Department and its major stakeholders across the system
Job-Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides leadership and direction for the Revenue Cycle Division
- Provides leadership and direction in the development of short and long range plans; collects, interprets, and prepares data for reports and provides recommendations based on the data
- Provides continuous feedback to the Project Management Office regarding priorities and status of work being performed within the group
- Leads efforts to develop and implement core competencies, processes and disciplines for the functional areas
- Gives professional advice to top management and department heads; makes presentations to committees, task forces, and other groups as needed.
- Is recognized as subject matter expert in the revenue cycle application services and system administration.
- Inspects work for exactness and conformance to policies and procedures
- Maintains availability 24/7 to troubleshoot and provide support.
- Consistently meets or exceeds SLA’s
- Demonstrates and actively promotes compliance with all state and federal regulatory and accrediting agencies (i.e., patient safety, infection control, HIPAA, etc.)
- Is receptive to differing ideas and embraces change
- Verbal and written communications are clear, concise and accurate; uses positive non-verbal communication effectively.
- Adheres to policies and procedures, as well as the Code of Conduct and all laws and regulations. Performs duties in an ethical manner.
- Able to apply job knowledge to develop policies and procedures and improve work processes
- Provides workflow and technical support for financial projects to ensure project tasks are met on time and within budget
- Ensures analysts retain pertinent certifications required to support their assigned systems
- Ensures analysts follow through on assigned projects and tasks and delegates support issues to the appropriate staff.
- Manage and guide testing of financial applications using appropriate methodologies and tools
Overall Budgetary Responsibilities:
- Assures that assigned areas of responsibility are performed within budget, performs cost control activities.
- Monitors revenues and expenditures in assigned area to assure sound fiscal control; prepares annual budget requests; assures effective and efficient use of budgeted funds, personnel, materials, facilities, and time
- Participates in strategic planning and budgeting process.
- Reviews system objectives and budgets to facilitate the orderly and efficient capture, storage, processing and dissemination of information; analyzes the operating and capital budgets and expenditures for enterprise’s IT functions and operations.
- Responsible for oversight and review of staffing, projects and performance of all computer and communications functions of the organization related to budgetary expenditures
- Oversees work schedules, workflow; analyzes and standardizes procedures to improve efficiency and effectiveness of operations
IT Communications, Scheduling and Decision Making:
- Issues written and oral instructions; assigns duties and inspects work for exactness, neatness, and conformance to policies and procedures.
- Maintains harmony among workers and resolves grievances; performs or helps subordinates in performing duties; adjusts errors and complaints.
- Prepares a variety of studies, reports and related information for integrating technology with clinical practice.
- Reports documentation, meeting agenda’s and policy and procedures statements.
- Prepares weekly, monthly, quarterly reports for all IT functions.
- Prepares and controls agendas for meetings; organizes and consolidates reports on all Information Technology operations associated with the staff; monitors and reports on the overall productivity and efficiency of all systems.
- Reports on all enterprise internal and external operations that are impacted by the capture, storage, processing and dissemination of information; develops and preserves statements of necessary policies and procedures to assure proper documentation and communication of necessary controls.
- Keeps department director advised of all instances, (outages, customer issues, etc.) as they relate to applications and systems. Responsible for resolution of production problems.
- Documents system functionality and processes for financial applications group
- Performs intradepartmental duties as required.
- Develops and manages effective working relationships with other departments, groups and personnel with whom work must be coordinated or interfaced.
- Actively promotes and supports performance improvement initiatives (i.e., participates in ongoing education, cultural change initiatives, etc.)
- Ensure team maintains project-based relationships with internal and external business leaders, vendors, and staff to ensure that strategic customer expectations are met
- Understand the business processes involved in customer projects and translates this knowledge into an effective implementation
- Maintain contact with vendors and industry technology information.
- Keeps up periodic contact with contract customers, vendors and other industry peers;
- Reports periodically on the competitive positions of application, technology and staffing of IT functions versus other companies in the industry and companies of comparable size.
- May negotiate contracts with vendors, consultants and service providers
- Performs other duties as required.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- IT experience in healthcare revenue cycle systems, negotiating, organizational development, change management, strategic planning and management
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, exercise good judgment, and achieve results through others; ability to conceptualize and analyze complex issues.
- Ability to manage time well; ability to direct a variety of projects in addition to an understanding of the ways in which IT is applied.
- Ability to maintain assigned programs and systems; ability to troubleshoot assigned programs; ability to meet project deadlines; ability to train and supervise subordinates.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with subordinates, peers and supervisors.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in evaluating situations and in making decisions.
- Epic experience is required.
Education and Experience:
- GED/High School Diploma R, Bachelor’s Degree R, Master’s Degree P
- Minimum 3 years Healthcare experience
- Minimum 2 years managerial experience
- Healthcare: 3 years